16. Fuck a Chapter Name We Got Art

(A/n: OKAY SO UM.
A FAN OF THE STORY REACHED OUT AND UM
SHE WANTED TO SHARE SOME ART SHE DID
OF JEREMY AND CHRISTINA

It's literally so perfect and i literally have no idea how she got their designs so well lollll that's literally how I see them in my headdddShe asked not to be tagged but please give it some love in the comments for her to see ☺️)

She asked not to be tagged but please give it some love in the comments for her to see ☺️)

Okay actual chapter time.

"She cannot leave school grounds, Mr. Gray!" I heard as I sat on a bench in the hall.
"What's all this about?" A shrill voice asked.
I looked up , mentally groaning.
"Nothing, Malfoy. Leave me-"
"She's a Dean-Gray living with muggles!" Charlie's voice boomed from inside.
My eyes widened at the same time as the boy walking.
"So it's true!" He pointed.
"Shut your mouth! I don't need you being an ass at a time like this!"
He began to freak out. "I can't believe that you're a Dean-Gray! My mom would tell me stories about Veronica since I was young!"
"What? Were they close?" I asked.
"Pure bloods are always close, (Y/n). Hard for you to understand?"
My face contorted in hurt, and his smile faded.
"(Y/n), I-"
I winced at the name. "Do not call me that. And do not tell a soul about this." I warned, but he practically skipped away in glee.
I'm screwed.
"Ms. Gray-Dean?" Dumbledore's voice called from inside.
I realized that I hadn't had a proper conversation with the man, but he seemed nice enough.
I entered, and all of the teachers waited inside.
I swallowed a lump in my throat.
"We have come to a conclusion. You can either stay with your muggle guardians and keep this hidden from them, or you may have Professor McGonagall remove the spell on your parents, and you will stay with the Gray family until we have access to the Will." He explained.
I looked between my aunt and uncle.
My parents being under a spell made much more sense now, and I felt a bit of joy knowing that they might've not chosen to love Hermione more, but they had to.
On one hand, I was planning to live a lifetime with distant parents, so what's changing it for? I'm sure that I loved them, even if only a bit. They raised me, and I was grateful.
But then, despite McGonagall's warning, I had never felt more parental love then when I stayed with Charlie. I was happy. The way he burst in today, completely made together, in a way I hadn't even seen at social events.
It was almost instant that I chose the second option.
I saw my aunt's face drop, but she composed herself.
"Would you like to say goodbye?" She asked, and the rest of the room looked confused when I shook my head.
"They weren't exactly the memorable type.." I said sadly, and she nodded.
"Very well, I will send the house elf to retrieve your things and deliver them to the Gray estate." Charlie gave me a kind smile as he explained.
"You are strong, (Y/n)." Dumbledore said, and I flinched.
That name...
---
It's been weeks.
Things have gotten worse.
Obviously, it got around. But somehow, not within the Slytherins before the others.
I guess he really didn't tell...
My sister's friend, Ron, was actually the one to go around screaming it to all four corners of the school.
I didn't care for him much.
I didn't like people calling me by (Y/n), it sounded like a curse to me.
Christina and Jay had been the only consistent things in my life, neither of them caring about it.
Jeremy, on the other hand, took on a strange role in my life.
I felt like an egg.
Like his egg.
He was treating me like a delicate egg that will break at any second.
I wanted to punch him.
I had a feeling that my aunt was still upset with me for choosing Charlie, but she treated me as normal, distant, with a vibe that she never wanted to talk to me again, but otherwise normal.
It was only in her class, when Hermione asked her about the chamber of secrets, everything changed.
"Salazar Slytherin wished to be
more selective about the students
admitted to Hogwarts. He believed that magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, purebloods. Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school." She eyed me warily.
"According to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the
Chamber of Secrets and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who,
in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."
"So muggle borns?" Hermione asked.
Everyone looked between her and I.
"Yes, Hermione."
---
"She painted an x on you!" Donna ranted with her toothbrush in her mouth.
"It's fine, guys."
"No! Hermione knew that the new pureblood was gonna be suspected, and she pressed it! Of course everyone is gonna suspect the golden girl's ex sister turned powerful family heir!" Pansy ranted.
"All Slytherin's have targets on their backs right now, too." Chloe chimed in. "Theodore and I stopped a 5th year Gryffindor from hexing one of the first year girls..." she shook her head sadly.
I turned up my nose in anger.
"At least winter vacation is close..." Donna sighed. "(Y/n) will finally have to introduce herself at the Yule party this year." She teased, changing the subject.
I spun on my sheets dramatically.
"Oh! The horror!"
Pansy scoffed and threw her pillow at me, and I passed it back in anger.
Soon, we had a battle, and we were joined by Chloe, who we teamed up to destroy, and Donna, who refused to play and laid there on her bed getting hit by pillows until we got bored.
At least this will never change.