85. On Her Terms

Footsteps towards the living room area of the RV, and I stood as Draco stormed up to me.
"Do you know how worried I was I couldn't find you?! I thought they took you!" I stood up as he yelled in my face. I hated how this was common now, back in the city and here, he treats me like a piece of glass.
I didn't make a noise and just stared at him as he took that as a sign to continue. Like I was guilty of anything. "You really don't understand-"
I smacked him across the face, and the air went still around us, everyone else in the room frozen.
"My feet are permanently scarred from when they took me." I said, calm.
The most eerie state I could be in.
Face fully relaxed, unable to feel anything, only the sting of the back of my hand.
He slowly rolled his head back. "I could've protected you back there.. you've never let me protect you!"
"I've never needed protection." I said strongly and he looked down, defeated. "All I've ever needed from you was support, and you've always done that perfectly." I said genuinely.
He turned and walked up the stairs.
"My goodness.." Chloe exasperated.
"You hit him.." Donna shook her head.
It then settled in my gut, and I realized how wrong that was.
"I'm sure he's fine, he's a man, he can-"
"No, Blaise. It's not fine because no matter what, that's still pain I caused. Gender doesn't constrain physical pain." I started to pace.
"You should apologize." Jeremy said as he leaned against the wall, hands in his pockets. "Promise that it won't happen again, and live by it." I nodded slowly. "He doesn't have to take you back after that, but I have a feeling that a petty slap isn't going to tear you apart."
"Take your own advice Jer, it's some good shit." I pointed towards the passenger's seat in the front room, where Chris was.
He nodded uncertainly, and we took our separate ways.
---
"You and your bloody sister knocked me in the face now, huh??" Draco joked as we played cards while Christina and jeremy were probably in the driver's room ""playing with the stick shift""
"She's not my sister!" I rolled my eyes.
"Still my face!" He argued back, nudging me as I laughed.
"Alright, alright!" Donna stopped everything. "This next year is going to be crazy, but can we all promise that even if drama happens, that we'll all get over our pride and come back together?"
"That's literally just you girls."
"Oh, entirely." Draco and Blaise pointed out.
"Shush!" Chloe huffed. "We'll need each other more than ever. We're in endgame territory."
"You make it sound like we're gonna die!" Theodore scoffed. We all glared at him.
"But I get it!" He put his hands up in defense. "Green for life and whatnot." He joked and we all cringed. "I'm right!" He insisted.
"Still gross!" I kicked him in the back from the couch, and he dramatically shot himself onto the pile of cards, getting everyone to boo and throw their cards at him.
We all stopped as Jeremy and Christina entered the room.
"So? Are you guys finally made up?" Draco asked.
"Oh, my Christina! I can't go another day without looking into your brown orbs!" I cried out as I turned to Draco, dramatically cupping his face.
"My Jeremy! Oh, how I long to run my fingers through your highlighter colored hair!" He turned to me, acting perfectly on beat.
"We shall be wedded by noon tomorrow! I can hear the wedding bells already!" I threw my head back.
"What's that?? The cries of our newborn triplets?!" Draco added, as the rest of the room was on the floor, not used to the Jeristina sketch that was a regular part of Draco and I's life at this point.
"Oh, look! It's little (Y/n) junior's first word-"
"We're breaking up." Christina interrupted.
...
"WHAT?!"
---
"Want to explain why Harry walked into the great hall covered in blood?" I asked Draco as I sat down in the common room after unpacking.
He looked up from his book with a glance, returning to reading before he even answered. "He was being nosy.."
I shrugged with a grin and sat next to him, putting my head on his shoulder as he read.
This was nice. Just us, together.
Words were overrated, and I looked into the fireplace as he rested his chin atop my head, fiddling with my necklaces.
How long ago has it been since that one holiday? The one where he gave me the best gift of all.
It was the moment I fell in love with him.
"I love you too." He said softly.
Then I wondered how much of that I said out loud.
---
Poor Christina...
But also, Christina is the baddest bitch in the land.
She strutted through the halls, the most sought after bachelorette in the school now. Where most boys would see Jeremy's height alone and cower from even looking at Christina, they now left her gifts and delivered the best of the worst pickup lines whenever they could. She didn't even pretend that she wasn't basking in the attention.
She liked it.
It distracted her from what she left behind.
Who she left behind.
She was shattered to pieces, just like Jeremy, but at least for the first time in her life, she was the one who held the mallet.
She left him behind before he had the chance to hurt her again.
Their love was strong, but she was stronger now.