19. Donna is Mean :(

"So, the muggles who raised you, were they nice?" Donna asked as we strode from store to store, whispers of my name left and right.
Chloe, Donna and I were on top of the world as people gawked at us in our expensive clothes and more in bags.
For Christmas, it was quiet. Jay and Christina left to spend the actual day of Christmas with their mom, and Charlie was working through most of the day.
Jeremy and I baked cookies the night before and watched some of my favorite Christmas movies, and we opened the gifts the next morning with Charlie.
---
"Wow..." Jeremy held up the sweater that looked like a crop top when held against his long torso.
I laughed and opened mine, all from various friends and family of my mothers.
"Oh, that's from our great-grandma's sister." Jeremy informed as I pulled out a pink silk gown.
"I've never seen so much pink in my life... she's a slytherin for crying out loud!" Charlie chuckled as he tiredly dipped in coffee from the arm chair.
"Oh, what'd you get Chris?" I asked him as I finished squealing after opening her gift, two dolls of us in our first party dresses.
"Oh, I just got her some winter clothes and new ice skates..." he said with admiration in his voice, and I practically vomited due to the sappiness. "It's for when we go ice skating. It's our little thing we do every winter."
I sighed at his puppy dog expression and continued.
"A golden bracelet? Say, that has.." Jeremy pointed to my neck and I grabbed my locket.
Gray-Dean. The family crest.
"Who's it from?" He asked, and I picked up the small box with green ribbon.
"Doesn't say..." I examined it.
"Could that be the new Nimbus 3002?!" He pointed to another one of my boxes, and we scrambled for it.
---
I had gotten a full wardrobe of things from Blaise's mom, the first woman to approach me at the party, and who apparently admired me enough to do this.
We planned to meet up with Pansy, but she was nowhere to be seen, and I hadn't heard from her in a while.
The girls said that she had probably been rejected, but I didn't believe them.
Pansy was too good to be rejected by that blonde twat.
"Do you have any money left?" Chloe asked me.
"Mhm, why?"
"Would you do the honor of treating us to ice cream?" She gave her doe eyes.
I rolled my eyes and walked into the parlor with our arms linked.
"(Y/n) Gray-Dean?!" Someone called inside, and I didn't react to the name until Chloe nudged me.
"Oh, hi..." I greeted the boy.
"I'm D-Daniel Lopez, hi..." he said shyly.
Donna looked him up and down.
"What school do you attend?" She asked coldly.
"Um, Durmstrag." He answered.
I smiled at him.
"Right... well, your little crush is obvious, and you must be aware that she's a pureblood, and that there's no way you'll ever get a chance with her." Donna said, putting it simply.
"Donna!" I whacked her hand, turning to the boy. "Apologies for my friend here, she's a stuck up ass. I'm sorry to cut it short, but we're due for curfew soon, and my uncle would kill me if he knew I talked to a boy." I tried to explain, smiling at him.
Charlie probably wouldn't give a fuck.
He chuckled and mumbled an excuse, and I waved to him before continuing out the door, ice cream-less because of Donna.
Chloe and I were not happy.
---
"Remember, the Will arrangement happens this summer, so just hang in there." Charlie informed me again as he hugged us goodbye.
I hugged him tighter. "Thank you, Uncle Charlie."
He laughed lowly. "Of course, (Y/n)."
That was the first time I didn't shy away at the name.
"I'm saying that she should sit with her housemates."
"We've always sat together, okay?"
"You got to be with her for the entirety of break!" Donna yelled back to Christina.
"I said no fighting until we got back!" I yelled over them, catching the attention of a lot of people.
The both huffed in unison and returned to their own compartments, and I followed Chris.
"Hermione is the type to get her memes off of Pintere- oh!" Jay turned to us, and I yelled in fear.
"Jeremy did a hair straightening spell on me!"
"Undo it!" I cried in horror as his bangs reached his jaw, due to the bounciness of his curly hair.
"He looks like Snape..." Chris shuttered, and we made fun of him continuously until the spell wore off, or until Chris was passed out on my lap with chocolate on her face.