9. Bro I'm Sorry

A few weeks back in school, and I was eating meals on the stairs. I had gotten an apology letter from Theodora, but everyone else was still acting like children. I was talking to my sister and her friends more, but it was obvious that they were her's and not mine.
---
"What is this about?" I whispered.
"I showed Ron, but he wasn't too helpful. I want you to look in the mirror." Harry instructed.
I shook my grumpy head and glared at my reflection.
Soon, I saw my sister, but it was when she was small, and we still looked the exact same. Little me was next to her on the floor, playing with dolls.
It was simple and sweet, but then it shifted.
I then saw two strangers, two women as they rocked a baby.
"(Y/n)..." The woman with big, light hair lovingly said.
"Our baby girl..." said the woman with the beautiful eyes that looked like mine, and chocolatey voice.
"What is this, some sort of joke?!" I turned to him, and he looked surprised.
"What? No, you're supposed to see your greatest wish. I see my parents!" He said with glee, but my heart sank more.
"I have to go..." I pushed past him and back to my dorm, where a few people I didn't know were still awake.
"Run off to go see a boy?" A voice taunted as I got back.
"I reckon it was a special girl with the way she acts!" Goyle, one of Malfoy's goons, teased on top of him.
"Have you seen the way she acts with that Ravenclaw girl? Or her Gryffindor brother!" Malfoy teased.
"You're a pest!" I yelled, distraught with all my confusion.
"Elizabeth, where'd you go this late?" Donna stormed down the stairs with Chloe, talking to me for the first time in weeks.
"We we're moving her stuff into our room and you just vanished!"
"I wasn't gonna sit there in silence as you all ignored me!"
I thought back to Harry's kidnapping where he threw the invisibility cloak over me and ran out as fast as possible.
I softened when I saw their hurt expressions.
"I had to use the bathroom.." I mumbled.
"Right." Donna knew I was lying but didn't press, focusing on my defense against the boys.
"Stop being weird to her!" Donna grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind her suddenly.
"Says the girl with boy parts!" Goyle joked, and everyone else in the room looked to him with judgement, even Malfoy.
"You're about to be the boy without any parts if you keep that up!" Chloe yelled.
"She's got you there..." Malfoy mumbled.
Transphobia is just wrong, no matter what your blood status is...
"Let's go to bed..." I rolled my eyes and pulled the girls upstairs.
"So, are you still mad?" Chloe mumbled.
I groaned, looking down. "Well, no." I said, conflicted.
"Just sad that you ignored me for so long.." I pouted.
"We wanted to give you space." Pansy replied from her bed.
"I'm really sorry, Lizzy! I wanted to give you a big hug and tell you that we love you, but we thought that it was best..."
Now, Chloe had changed rooms, and hopefully no teachers decide to check the room charts.
Cause my girl's not going anywhere...
---
"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday!" That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's Stone!"
I buried my face into my hands.
"Mionie, I have nothing to do with this!" I bursted as her friends looked at me, confused. "I want to enjoy my spring, and I've never even seen this door! Why do you drag me into this?!" I snapped.
"You're my sister..." she said, hurt.
The thought creeped into the back of my mind.
Am I her sister?
"Doesn't mean that you need my help! When have you ever needed my help?" I shook my head. "I'm gonna go... hang out with my friends." I choked back tears as I left the library.
"Oh, why the long fa-"
"Shut up, Malfoy." I hissed as I walked past him, using the same tone as our President, Kim Namjoon.
"Chris!" I stormed into the court yard, eyeing her and Jeremy drawing flowers together as Jay played with a stick.
"Liz! I'm so sorry-"
"I think that I'm either adopted, or wish I had lesbian parents!"
---
"I swear that's what I saw!" I begged.
"This was just after you left us for Christmas?" Jay said, betrayed.
"Yeah, I'm sorry-"
"Jay, Calm down, she didn't know what to do." Jeremy defended as Chris comforted me. "Plus, it's not like you didn't insult her friend..."
"The mirror shows me what I wish for though, and I don't remember those people.." I rubbed my hands down and up my thighs as I rocked. "I just want more attentive parents!" I laughed like a crazy person.
"Well, we have to find out who your real parents are!" Jay insisted after he stopped pacing.
"My parents are muggles, and I have a sister who I look a lot like!"
They ignored me.
"Missing persons reports! Start with muggles!" Chris pointed out.
"Are you kidding me? There's so many just where I lived that it'd take years to find the one!"
They all gasped.
"My world is a crazy place, I know."
"Then lets go with witches! Worth a shot?" Jeremy suggested.
"I mean, I guess but... can you promise me something?" I asked.
They all intently listened.
"If it turns out that they're dead, or like, worked with you-know-who, or like... anything that I would be hurt by, then just tell me that you couldn't find anything."
"But wouldn't you wonder if we actually couldn't find anything?"
"I'd rather be left in the dark, please..."
---
"Is that the girl that called Donna's mom a murderer?" A Gryffindor boy asked me as Christina walked to her next class.
"That's Christina Webber, actually." I have a bitter smile before jogging up to her.
I didn't notice how much I'd been keeping in my meaner side until I was defending Chris.
She had tears in her eyes.
"Chris?" I asked, concerned.
"Your house is full of assholes!" She snapped before running off.
I had no idea what happened until I was in the girl's bathroom, looking at the mirror with Jay and Jeremy.
'CHRISTINA WEBBER IS A DIRTY LIAR'
"Who the fuck did this?!" Jay turned to me.
"I don't know..." I shook my head as I pulled out my wand, casting an erasure spell with ease.
"We're telling a professor." He demanded as he stormed towards professor McGonagall's classroom.
"Ah, Jason Webber. Always a welcomed headache." She greeted and I smiled.
"Oh, you've brought Elizabeth and Mr. Gray into this..." she seemed to apologize with her eyes.
"Ma'am, someone's vandalizing the girl's bathroom with words against my sister." He said, getting to the point.
She furrowed her brows, standing.
"I erased it, don't worry.." I informed and she gave me a look that I couldn't describe.
Confusion? Maybe. Or recognization?
"Very good, Ms. Granger.." she then smiled. "You may return to class." She nodded to the boys. "I'll inform Professor Dumbledore about this."
I turned to leave after the boys.
"Elizabeth, dear?" She asked. "Do tell me if anything is ever weighing on your mind." She sent me a slight wink and I smiled awkwardly, exiting.
The sight I saw was brutal when I left.
Jeremy was beating a fifth year gryffindor's face into the floor.