84. Get Decked

"Get up.." I was shaken awake, the person's tone hushed.
My eyes went wide and I tried to open my mouth, but Christina put her hand on my lips harshly.
"We need to go." She said seriously, not even bothering to let me put on my shoes as she pulled me through the door, her eyes going wide once she heard footsteps from the first floor.
She maneuvered me downstairs, and around into the backyard, pulling me behind a wall and silently praying for them to continue upstairs.
"What-" I began.
"I knew it was a bad idea, but they didn't want to do anything.. it's why Jeremy was so nervous about me being here and I realized it when we were on the way to LA."
"Chris, what is going on..?"
"It's them. The ones who kidnapped us!"
My blood went cold.
"The stone-clan guys?? What do you mean??"
"The Stone Guard! That's the group that Draco and Jeremy needed to get on their side!"
"They knew?!" I was horrified, my hands clenched. "How'd you even get here??"
"I felt how off it was! I interrogated Jeremy, and when he told me.."
She paused.
"I kind of jumped out of the RV.."
"While it was moving?!" I laughed.
"Yes! Now we need to leave, because your boyfriend didn't know that they were gonna make an early visit.."
"Why?" I asked, concerned.
"I think they're agreeing to his terms, but not if we're here.."
"Chris, you're the one in danger here!"
"Yeah, me and the only person that can break people out of memory spells!" She hit my shoulder, and I furrowed my brows.
"When I was held, they were talking about how to get Maud back after you broke her out of it! And how you got me out too!"
"Wait.. does that mean Maud is just under a curse??" I asked, it all starting to make sense.
"Yeah, and I have a feeling that they know about you here.. we need to go."
---
"Just get on the bus, Chris!" I urged.
"Oh, hey Elizabeth!" Pim called as they caught up to Christina and I. "What's up-"
Christina decked them in the face at full speed.
"Chris! You punched my friend!" I yelled, horrified.
She grabbed me and bolted onto the bus right before the doors closed.
"That's one of them! Shit.. I should've made Jeremy bring us back!" She was in full panic mode.
"Is there no way to get back?? How did you even get here?!"
"If we go this way, you're steering and taking responsibility for if we get caught by the ministry."
"Chris, our boyfriends' parents now run the ministry from the inside.. we're fine."
"Good, because I'm going to accidentally puke on some cars.."
---
"IS THAT THEM?!" Christina screamed in my ear against the wind as the broom had the worst time of its life having to hold both of us.
"For the last time, not every big car is- oh wait, no you're right!"
I crashed into the roof as they headed towards us.
"Oh my god a bird died on the roof!"
Blaise screamed from inside as I relaxed my body, smiling in my contorted position.
---
"You're a moron for going there!" Jeremy yelled as we sat in the hotel. "Now I'll have to save Draco's ass from getting skinned alive!"
"By recruiting the people who kidnapped her?!" Christina wasn't defending herself as Jeremy yelled, so I did.
"I know, okay?! This isn't my idea!"
"But it's your actions!"
"You better be just as upset with Draco.." he shook his head as he grabbed his jacket.
"Bullshit, Jeremy! There's a difference!"
"Between what?!"
"Between what happened to Chris, and what happened to me!" I screamed, watching him cower. "She's traumatized, you asshole! You know this and you can't admit that the game you play is evil like he does! The need to survive doesn't mean morals get thrown out of the picture entirely!"
He tried to open his mouth. "The difference between you two is the difference that's going to bring you both down.." I warned, turning back to Chris.
"And that is?" He replied, and I stopped.
"He's not capable of doing this type of evil work, and you won't admit that you are.."