13. What Team?

"What happened here...?" Christina and I asked as we walked into our DADA class, which was trashed.
My sister and her two friends stood in an empty classroom, things scattered wildly.
"Lockhart's a narcissistic moron!" Ron spat and I nodded.
"Why were you two out of class?" Harry asked as my sister didn't say a word to us, only scolding Ron for insulting the man.
"My brother passed out when he saw Lockhart." Christina explained in disappointment.
"That boy seems to pass out quite often..." he pointed out and we both nodded sadly.
"Iron deficiency." Christina replied.
---
"I can't believe you of all people made the- What are they doing here?" Donna pointed towards the Gryffindor team as Draco and I hovered next to her and my friends who sat on the bleachers.
"Still mad at your sister?" Draco asked and I huffed.
"Good." He responded as our team piled behind Marcus, who looked ready to kill Oliver Wood.
"I booked the pitch today, Flint. Clear out." Wood demanded and I stared down my sister who looked as annoyed as the rest.
"I got a note, Wood. Better be off then?" Marcus teased as he handed him the note.
"A new seeker? What do you-"
The blond stepped forward and I held in a chuckle at his proud face.
"Not the only thing new either." He practically shone with pride as he held out his broom.
"The Nimbus 2001?!" Ron called out.
"A donation from Draco's father."
"That's right, Weasley. You see,
unlike some, my father can afford
to buy the best."
"Buy your way on the team, maybe. Gryffindors actually have to work for their spot on the team, unlike any of you who have to buy your way to the top." My sister spat.
"Right! Cause our dentist parents bought my place on this team..." I crossed my arms.
"Well, the Gray family sure plays a big part in your life."
"You're implying that Charles Gray bought my spot on the team?? Even after last year?" I deadpanned.
"Well, if the shoe fits." Ron added.
I reached for my wand, but stopped myself.
"Neither of you are worth my time." I finished before turning, not caring to listen.
But, thanks to Draco, Ron was spitting up slugs by the time I mounted my broom, sending a proud, dorky grin back at me.
---
"Hey, where's Chris?" I asked Jeremy during our free period that we shared this year.
"She's in her common room." He said in frustration, closing his book. "She won't come out."
"Why's that?" I asked as I sat.
"She didn't make the team."
I frowned. "That sucks..."
"It's my fault." He shook his head and I waited for him to explain.
"I told her that she'd be just as good as Jay, and it got in her head... she's comparing herself to him now."
I chuckled. "She's a little sister. No matter what, a sibling will look to the other for guidance. She's been comparing herself to him since day one." I gave him a pat on the back.
"Doesn't mean you can't go help her get over this." I whispered.
---
I walked to my next class, feeling like a good person, when I was pulled into an empty classroom.
"Stranger danger!" I kicked, being shushed.
I stopped resisting and threw an elbow once I realized.
"Jason Webber!" I hissed as he grabbed his side, wheezing in pain.
"I found something about your past!" He blerted out before I could hit him again.
I stopped.
"Wha- what do you mean?" I mumbled.
He grabbed a folder from his robe.
"Do you recognize this?"
A circular crest with the initials G.D. engraved in a intricate font was drawn on a parchment.
"You did this...?" I held it up in disbelief.
He snorted grossly. "Please! I had Chris do it this morning!"
I shrugged and looked closer.
I hadn't seen it before...
Maybe?
"I don't think so, sorry..." I put my hand on my chest.
"It's okay! Have you seen Chris?" He asked. "I wanna know if she made it!"
I fiddled with my necklace.
"She's not feeling well so she's lying down.."
"Oh, well get to class then, I have some more digging to do!"
I hung my head sadly as I shuffled along.

" "Oh, well get to class then, I have some more digging to do!"I hung my head sadly as I shuffled along