77. Shame

It was the first big boom when I knew that every one in this secret room was royally fucked.
"Move out th-!" I tried to warn, and the wall burst open, revealing the whole inquisitorial squad, and Umbridge herself.
Cho was there too, her head low.
"Run!" Harry yelled, and kids began to scramble.
Everyone needs a hero moment..
I sighed, pulling Tayte behind me as Umbridge came towards him.
"You'd think that out of everyone here, I'd be the snake!" I called out to Cho, pushing the kid towards the left, where a few older students were helping the younger kids out.
I was blocking Umbridge, at least, even if the other members of the squad were grabbing at us left and right.
"Move, you bratty child!" She insisted, trying to step around me.
I stepped the same way, a grin crawling to my face.
"Get her, Parkinson! I don't have time for this!" She called to Pansy, who gladly drew her wand as Umbridge slipped past.
I drew mine and began backing slowly.
"Been a while! Still rotten?" I asked.
"You took everything! My friends, my status!"
"You did that, you wenis!" I spat out.
"I'll make your brains splatter against the wall!" She shrieked, rising her wand.
My forearms were pulled down, my wand falling from my grasp as my wrists were clasped together with the attacker's one hand, their other hand clasped harshly against the back of my neck.
"Get the hell off me!" I thrashed around.
"Hold your ass still before that bitch does what she said she'd do.." Draco hissed lowly in my ear.
I settled down slightly as I watched the girl walk off sassily as I was restrained.
"Let me go." I tried to turn my head, giving him the most threatening tone I could.
"She's watching." He whispered, harshly pushing me towards the way he entered.
"For once in your life, don't listen to a fucking adult!" I cried as I thrashed around, being led down a hall with the rest of the kids that were grabbed.
"I swear, (Y/n).." he said in a low tone. "Just cooperate."
I was breathing heavily as I looked to see Christina getting handled aggressively by Gregory.
"You fucking c*nt! She's having a panic attack!" I yelled out as my best friend hyperventilated.
"She's fine, you bloody animal!" He yelled back with a laugh.
My hair was all over the place, including sticking to my face with sweat as my eyes spoke nothing but rage.
Footsteps came from around the hall, and the group stopped, seemingly useless without a leader.
"Get the fuck off!" Jeremy was there in an instant, his shoe making contact with Gregory's face.
Christina was instantly swept off her feet by Jeremy like a goddamn princess, and I let out the biggest 'haha fuck you' laugh at Gregory.
Jeremy looked towards Draco, before looking around to see a few of the kids regrouping already, and he sent him an apologetic look before turning and running.
"Fuck!" Draco cried out as Umbridge's heels clicked closer. "He was supposed to-"
"Seems like the lion has been tamed finally.." she noted as she looked me up and down. "Truly a sign of how class means nothing when you're raised by pigs."
She said that, so I spat at her feet.
"I'll have you expelled." She said with fury that matched mine.
"I don't believe that's in your power, Professor." I was now the smug one, getting her to turn and storm ahead.
"You're a moron, (Y/n) Dean-Gray." Draco informed.
"Congratulations, you fell in love with a moron then."
---
"Get her! Sh- she'll get expelled!" Christina cried. "Not Liz! She's my best friend! Don't make me lose more! Jeremy! Jeremy!" She sobbed out, pulling on his collar as he huddled her.
The doctors said this might happen.
"Worry about yourself right now, baby.." he softly rocked her, stroking her hair as she cried, mindlessly placing gentle kisses on the top of her head. Her mind was frantic and body barely moving.
Jeremy was stuck on so many thoughts, it would take only a breeze to knock every one of them from his mind.
He failed. He made a promise to a friend, and he didn't come through. (Y/n) was almost certainly expelled after this, all because of the fucking plan. He needed this job, and it made him sick that it overpowered his love for his cousin. His friend.
Christina wouldn't be able to live peacefully knowing what he's supposed to become, especially not after all that's happened to her. He watched her slowly shut down into sleep, pain on her face.
He didn't know how much longer he could do this.