99. Making Headlines Twice

What was going on?!
Christina and Jeremy were even weirder than when they first broke up, Donna and Chloe are hella distant, suddenly, the boys seem serious, and Draco's completely shut everyone out.
"No! Theo!" I demanded, spinning him aggressively. "What's going on with him??"
He looked around nervously. "I'm not supposed to tell you.. like, this is seriously some deep shit."
"Theodore, I swear!"
He leaned to whisper.
"He's supposed to prove himself by-"
"(Y/n)! Theo!" Chloe cried, holding a paper in her hands. "We need to-"
Draco snatched the newspaper from Chloe's hand as he walked past.
He let out a chuckle, but he wasn't happy.
The smile stayed on his face as he handed the paper to us, tongue poking at the inside of his cheek as he crossed his arms.
I read over the article.
'THE CHILDREN OF DEATHEATERS: DANGEROUS?' It read.
'Theodore Nott, Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, Draco Malfoy, and (Y/n) Gray-Dean are all attendees of Hogwarts, and all share a similarly, in being the children of dreaded Death Eaters.'
The article continued.
And the source at the bottom read a name.
One that enraged me.
---
"Potter!" I yelled as I stormed up to him in the hall.
"(Y/-"
I slapped him across the face.
"You're a piece of shit!" I spat.
"Are you insane?!" Ginny yelled as she held his shoulders.
"Oh, suck my dick, Weasley!" I directed at her.
"You're targeting innocent people like Theodore by helping with a gossip piece like this!" I yelled at Harry, who was holding his face as I held the paper up. "We're boy who our parents are! Nobody is! And you definitely don't live up to yours.."
"You seem to be living up to yours quite well." Hermione said as she turned the corner.
"Well I'll host the fucking pity party then! Come along!"
"You're pathetic." She said harshly.
I reached for my pocket, but my arm was grabbed.
"Who the fuck do you-"
It was Draco.
I let go of my wand and he pulled my hand from my pocket, holding it in his.
His expression was mature.
He was defeated, anxious, and a thousand thoughts danced through his eyes.
But he didn't say anything, and he just pulled me farther from them.
"What did those deatheater spawn do??" Ron asked loudly as he joined the group.
"(Y/n)-" Draco tried to plea but I was already half way down the hall.
I punched him square in the nose.
He groaned in pain.
So I kicked him in the gut and he doubled over.
"Bitch." I smiled, walking away.
"Yeah, run away princess.." Hermione whispered to herself.
"Not a princess, sissy. I'm the fucking king." I didn't turn, flipping her a finger as I turned the hall.
Draco rolled his eyes and continued towards the common room.
---
"Can you slow down?? And why are you so mad??" I asked as he went up the stairs to the boy's dorms, and I followed him into his room.
"You made it worse." He scolded.
"I did?? I slapped Potter! I thought you'd at least be slightly proud." I joked.
"Yeah, and that slap was basically a conformation that you're what he told them you are!"
"What?? A deatheater?? I'm not a-"
"Might as well be one with how you acted!"
"Since when are you this 'oh so mature and wise??' when it came to lashing out??"
"Since I've had to do all I've been doing!"
I stopped.
Be there for him.
That's what I told myself I'd do.
He walked away and grabbed the book he had left on his bed, tossing it into his night stand drawer angrily.
I watched him as he sat hunched with his elbows on his knees.
"Look, I'm sorry-" he began, but I sat next to him, putting my head against his shoulder.
"Don't. I know." I whispered, taking his hand in mine. "I was being reckless, and we can't be reckless right now."
His head now rested on top of mine, and we sat there, thinking in our separate worlds.
"Hey?" I asked.
"Hm?" He replied, turning to me.
"I love you." I said cutely and squeezed his hand twice.
He gave a tired smile and leaned in to kiss me, his hand warm against my face.
He was so gentle.
I grabbed the back of his neck and kissed him twice as hard.
"What was that about?" He huffed as I pulled back.
"You're not putting in enough effort, that's what." I teased, kissing him again.
He laughed into the kiss, deepening it in one swift movement.
The force almost pushed me back, but he grabbed my hip harshly to steady me.
I let out a little noise from my mouth, and my eyes widened in shock.
"Having fun?" He asked.
I recovered from my embarrassment quickly, and swung my leg over his, resting my arms on his shoulders.
His grip softened as he tried to comprehend what happened, blushing.
"Having fun?~" I mocked, pushing myself closer to him as our lips crashed again.
---
It'd been three days, and if I missed another class, I'd get detention.
I was hoping I'd been expelled honestly.
Top story; '(Y/N)'S FANS WERE RIGHT! THIS YOUNG ROMANCE SEEMS TO BE "HAVING FUN"'
Accompanied by a picture of me from three days ago, lips pressed to Draco's on the front cover.
Someone had taken the picture from inside his room, and sold them to a news outlet!
I'd never felt more vulnerable in my life, and I have a good idea who caused this..
The two who were planning to kill me.
Pim and Maud.
---
"You're both sick!" Draco hissed as he confronted the two. "She was going to fall from the media's attention anyways, so why?? Why put her through that if she was going to get hurt either way?!"
"She's not going to be hurt because of this! They won't get to her now, don't you see-"
"No, Chris! Sure, Pim and Maud won't get to try anything with the media attention so high, but you violated our privacy!"
"She won't get hurt because of me! You don't know what they'll do! We are protecting her!"
Jeremy put a hand on Chris's shoulder.
"We wouldn't have if we knew Harry was gonna day something to the DP.. and I'm sorry that we had to hurt you in the process-"
"You know that it's all gonna be on her!" He yelled back. "You both should know that she's the girl in this situation! You should know that she'll get 10 times the backlash just because of that!"
"I'm protecting her." Chris declared.
"No you're not." He said, turning to leave.
Pim and Maud gave each other a smile.
One by one, feeding off fear, they'd pluck the feathers of that bird until it falls.
Feathers like Christina, being fed fear until they break.
Pim and Maud went to their next class.