75. Social Distancing

Jay paced in the hospital halls, as my aunt and uncle from either side tried to calm him.
"(Y/n)?" Jeremy calles from around the corner, holding Chris's hand in his.
Unfortunately, I was dead asleep.
"You guys get Chris to the house before her mother gets here." Charlie instructed.
"Finally gettin that girl away from er batshit mum?" Theo's mother asked. "Wake up this one, then."
"Someone get me a bottle of water." Draco ordered.
"Why-"
"Alright, I wasn't sleeping!" I cried, sitting up.
"Get out, dorks." Charlie shook his head, stressed beyond belief at Theodora who had been in labor for 4 hours now. He still kept his sweet tone though, and I sleepily walked out with the group.
---
"So, what do we do now?" Jeremy asked as we all sat on opposite sides of the ridiculously large front room.
"We're gonna need to get back to school soon." I said.
"I'm staying with Chris." Jeremy said sternly, pulling her closer as she zoned out.
"What about your job?" Draco asked.
"I have an apprentice that's well along without me." He gave a smile.
"What about classes?? Is that allowed?" Draco asked.
"Yes, and gets you out of class whenever there's a situation, but you'd have to have another student with you."
...
"Don't look at me!" I shook my head. "I barely know the difference between daisies and sunflowers, let alone magical bullshit, and I have the team!" I insisted as Draco continued to just look at me. "This is manipulative!" I pouted.
He blinked slowly.
"Fine!" I huffed.
"We're allowed 1 full day of missed classes before were investigated, and it's getting dark." Draco said.
I looked around the big mansion and sighed, "we should be on our way back."
---
"Is she okay??"
"Yes, thank you, Harry!" I gave a big smile, and he smiled back, very awkwardly due to Draco glaring behind me.
Once we were back in the common room, I sighed. "I can't believe we got away with that!" I cried out, sitting on the sofa, only to instantly jump when the lights came on.
"All day! We were covering for you two!" Theodore began, and we looked to see him with Blaise, Donna, and Chloe.
"Chloe pretended to be your sick body for 2 hours!" Blaise added.
"Your father sent a letter for you, too." Donna directed at Draco.
"Now can you explain yourselves??" Theodore finished.
"Chris is safe, Theodora and Jay just had their child an hour ago, and we need some sleep." I said oddly calm. "Thank you so much for your help and concern, but unless we ask, don't go doing anything that'll bring you down for us." I pleaded.
"We were being good friends, (Y/n)." Chloe responded. "We were hoping to be good friends, if you'll.."
I clenched my fists, but looked back to Draco.
"Yes, we're friends again." I sighed, smiling at the girls as they instantly lit up, running towards me.
We squealed into each other's shoulders, slightly rocking against each other.
"Girls, am I right?" Blaise joked, rolling his eyes.
"Come here!" Donna scoffed, opening the circle.
Blaise scoffed, crossing his arms.
His feet moved closer though, and Theodore followed.
"Ah, we're missing someone.." Theodore pointed out, and we all maniacally turned.
"God no, who knows what I'll catch from you five.." Draco responded.
"Drama queen!" I stuck my tongue out at him, and he turtle-faced back.
---
"His name is Gabriel Jeristina Webber."
"They did not!" I yelled, coughing hysterically.
"Just got the letter." Draco insisted.
"What's that..?" Chloe asked groggily.
"Jeremy and Christina's ship name! They named their-" Donna aggressively coughed. "Kid after Jay's little sister and her boyfriend!"
"Imagine having weak girl immune systems." Blaise teased as he walked in the infirmary.
"Huh?" Theodore said with a stuffy nose as he sat up, easily the worst out of everyone.
"Blaise, it's most likely to hit you hardest in a bit.." Draco informed as he went to take Chloe's temperature.
"Pshh... no way."
"Crazy how denying a hug is gonna be the reason I'm not all gross." Draco teased.
I had the urge to cough on him.
"Everyone is safe to their rooms except Theodore and Chloe." He informed as he removed his gloves. "No class though, and I'll be checking up."
"Yeah I wonder who on!" Donna coughed out.
Draco shrugged and faced me.
"No goodbye?" I asked as I sniffled.
"I will not be within a 10 foot radius of you for a week, but I do love you."
"Shut up." I sniffled again, wrapping my blanket around myself and hobbling out with Donna.
"Everything good now?" She asked as we walked down the stairs.
"What?" I blinked slowly.
"You two left ready to kill each other, and now you're on an L word basis."
"Oh, Draco? Yeah, I've been trying to make it so he likes me more since we got back."
"What do you mean?? That boy's adored you for ages!" She nudged me.
"I know, but I realized how much he backseats my entire life, and I'd rather be there for him more."
Donna chuckled. "Have you ever heard of a passengers seat? Love isn't about who's the main character, because you both are."
"Please, I'm the not even the main character of my own life."
"You are! We all are. It's all your perspective, because the term main character is subjective."
"Jesus, busting out the troll bridge rhymes!" I laughed.
"Quiet, and get over your little moment."
"Yes ma'am..."