(YEAR 3)23. Passing Grade

I rocked in my chair as I gazed out the window, channeling the old lady energy in my soul.
It was nice out, sweater weather, and the courtyard looked so inviting that I threw on a cardigan and grabbed my parchment and quill, thinking about what to write as I walked to the bench.
It hit me, how I really didn't have my friends anymore, only pieces of paper that confirmed they were doing stuff without me.
I screamed and ducked as a golden snitch flew past my head, followed by the asshole who was chasing it.
I groaned as I fixed my hair, watching him twist and turn around the open area around the side of the manor.
I wiped the tears in my eyes and picked up my quill and paper, sitting on the bench.
I finished my last letter and stood, stretching.
The clacking of wood made me turn, and my broom laid on the grass.
I followed it up to the blond who was holding his own.
"Can I help you?" I asked. "And why were you touching my stuff?!" I snatched my broom from the ground.
"I'm bored, and I went through your stuff because, well, I was bored." He said nonchalantly.
"You need a lesson on boundaries." I pushed past him.
"One match. Winner gets to choose our next vacation spot for the summer before school starts."
I scoffed and turned around. "We don't even play the same position, someone is gonna have an advantage no matter what."
He shrugged. "Change the game up."
---
"I score as many points as I can in under a minute and that's my score, then the snitch gets released and you have to catch it, divide your time in half and that's your final score?" I recapped.
He nodded.
"Why do you get to divide?" I asked.
"My average time is 1:49, almost two minutes." He explained condescendingly.
"Just divide it by that then..." I genuinely struggled to think.
He just sat across from me on the grass and blinked.
"People believed that you were related to Granger..." he shook his head, standing up but falling, clenching his leg.
I furrowed my eyebrows as he practically died.
"Did your leg fall asleep...?" I asked.
"It hurts!" He whined.
"Just stand." I shrugged, and he stopped being in pain to frown at me for a moment, before going back to his fit.
"Oh! Call a doctor!" he started rolling and I laughed. "Don't laugh and help me!"
"Eh, if you can't play then someone gets to choose the vacation spot..." I began to walk away and he abruptly stood.
"See! That was a test!" He pointed. "Proof that you will never ever be a good friend to me, let alone a good person."
"How's that?" I deadpanned.
"If you cared, you wouldn't hesitate to carry me to safety." He crossed his arms.
"You'd probably start kicking me if that happened to me!"
He chuckled. "That'd be funny."
"Exactly my point... human decency and especially friendship are two way streets. I won't praise the ground you walk on, just like how you won't leave me alone.." I shook my head. "If you think friendship is having servants ready to do your bidding at any moment, then we are definitely never going to be friends."
I realized how harsh my tone was, and opened my mouth to explain myself, when...
"Fine with me, now let's see if we get to go to London." He announced, getting on his broom.
I shrugged, mounting mine. "We're going to Greece, cause I'm going to win!"
We played, and I couldn't help but think of how strange of a boy Draco was. Half the time I was angry at him, and the quarter I was annoyed, and maybe 10% of the time I wanted to kill him, but there was a solid 15% of the time when I enjoyed his company.
It was usually when there was nobody who he had to put himself on defense mode against.
Like when he dived head first into the ground.
I gasped and landed next to him, almost falling as I shook his limp shoulder.
"Are you okay?!"
He slowly turned with a bruised cheek. "I think you passed."
"What?"
"The test."
I got up, and delivered what he deserved.
I kicked him.
---
The rest of the summer was bearable. Turns out, we didn't even get to go on vacation due to his father's work, whatever the hell it was, but I still won so it was fine with me.
Crabbe and Goyle started visiting him more, so I was left to myself most of the time mostly because those two boys made me want to commit murder, and if I wasn't by myself, I was with Narcissa.
It felt like forever, but the day finally came where I pushed past kids boarding and slammed open the glass door of the compartment.
"(Y/n)!" Chris yelled as she almost tripped, running and slinging her arms around me.
"She's here!" Jay began to cry out, and Jeremy came over to give me a hug.
I was alarmed when I was staring at what was basically a giraffe.
"When'd you get so tall??" I asked, louder so he could hear me from all the way up there.
"I wonder.. maybe the summer?" He sarcastically answered, and I took my usual seat.
Jay was still pouting in the corner.
"I know you wrote that you were fine, but did they make you write that? Be honest, okay?" Chris held my hands.
I laughed. "I'm fine, it was just a bit boring."
"He didn't like.. kill your cat?" Jeremy asked.
"Avocado was well protected." I ensured.
"Good." Jay added as he sniffled. "You're here..."
he was crying again.
"I can't believe next year is your last year though." I flipped.
"Right?! I'll be an adult soon!" Jeremy cheered like a toddler.
We were all repulsed by the statement.
I couldn't believe it was the third year already...
I only hoped for a quiet year, undisturbed by my ex-sister and her gang.
That's all.