43. Games

"This is the most sexist, unreasonable, stupid crap I've ever heard!" I paced around the inside of my tent.
"(Y/n)? You have guests." The help said.
I was nervous, considering that I was prominently friendless for the most part, and I wasn't allowed to see Charlie so there was no way I would be able to hang out with the only friends I had.
I couldn't believe that I had to spend the Quidditch World Cup without Jay!
"(Y/n)?" I froze at the voice. "Blaise told us what happened! We're so sorry!" Chloe had tears in her eyes as she held her head low.
"Guys! I'm sorry for being such a drama queen!" I yelled, storming up to the small group of girls and wrapping my arms around them.
Donna stood off to the side.
"Donna!" Pansy warned with her tone.
"I'm sorry for spreading rumors.. I knew that those prissy rodents would drop you, and I just wanted you back." She said, straining herself.
I would be more upset, but she's feared me abandoning her since we were 11.
"It's fine. I'm sorry for choosing those assholes over you guys.." I reached over and pulled her into the hug.
"So, are you ready to watch all the cute boys fly around.." Pansy teased Donna once we settled down.
"I'm a huge lesbian, you moron." She whacked her upside the head gently, and we laughed.
"You seem more fist clenchy than normal." Chloe pointed out as we passed around the popcorn bowl.
"Okay! Why do the boys get to sit with the bloody minister while we're in the ladies box! It sounds like a toilet, for fuck's sake!" I ranted after bottling it up.
"Thank you!" Donna yelled.
"Whatever, they're all about their mindless political chats." Pansy turned her nose up.
"Unaware of the female uprising to destroy all men." Chloe said in the same tone, mocking her.
"Please??" Pansy replied.
---
The ladies box was for the most important females in the magic world, but somehow made me feel like utter garbage.
It hadn't even started yet, and I was prepared to escape. I just needed to find my...
Aha!
The smallest dot of cherry pink at the top of the stadium made me smile.
"I need to use the real ladies box, in case anyone asks." I whispered to Chloe, and she nodded without even looking at me.
I shuffled out, and past the minister's box.
Yep, all of the boys in my friend group were sitting together and I rolled my eyes, doing a double take when a woman with a platter was yelled at.
"These are ice!" One man yelled, and I clenched my fists. "You'd think that all these years breaking your back for work, you'd at least know how shrimp should be prepared!" I stopped myself from storming in, but my eyes widened when I heard what followed.
"The Webber tragedy sure hit you the hardest, Sara.."
Chris and Jay's mother.
I was ready to storm in, but I saw Charlie shuffle in his seat, and I booked it.
"Guys!" I huffed as I reached the top, and Jay turned, eyes lighting up.
"They're coming out!" He yelled, pulling me to them by the wrist as we both watched with stars in our eyes.
Christina and Jeremy rolled their eyes, relaxing against the barriers together.
"Are you cold?" Jeremy asked, a bit shortly.
Christina was shivering slightly. "I'll be fine, I'm sure the match will make my blood pump!" She cheered with a rare toothy smile.
"Kay." He blushed wildly under his solemn expression.
Her big, toothy smiles were the ones that made him dizzy.
"What team are you here for?" I asked Jay once the match began.
"Bulgaria, but I've been a fan of the Japan team since Jeremy could brainwash me into it."
Jeremy shrugged and I laughed, cheering as Ireland scored another point.
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Jay screamed, angrily removing his shirt, his entire chest and abs covered in red and black for the team.
"He's a bit competitive, huh.. never seemed to notice." I joked.
"Hm. Me neither." Jeremy said back.
---
"I need to get back before the game's over!" I gasped, giving hugs before I sped down, and back to-
Everyone was gone?
I returned to the tent a bit sooner than the game's end, and the girls were there waiting.
"God! We need to go!" Chloe grabbed my hand, and the last thing I heard while there was a loud boom.