71. Secret Tunnel

"It's too fancy.. plus we can't even open our presents until later.." I kicked my feet as the pancakes were out at our table.
"They'll be delivered by noon, and my father wants to introduce me to his colleges later." Draco said with a smile.
"Then couldn't we have just stayed at the manor?" I huffed.
"I wouldn't.. plus, Paris is pretty in the winter."
"What's got your mood up? Being woken up at 6 in the morning on Christmas to be shipped off to a hotel?"
"Spending time together on our holiday." He replied and I scoffed.
"You're claiming Christmas to belong to us?" I asked.
"It's a day about gifts, and we're both spoiled pureblood kids." He joked.
"That's a bit hyper aware of you." I commented as I ate.
---
Christmas break was okay, to say the least.
Draco and I exchanged presents, but we didn't get home until new years, and by then, the Christmas spirit was gone and we opened our separate gifts alone.
Now, it was only about a week until the wedding though, and balancing bridesmaid duties, a kidnapping plan, a secret boot camp, a control freak in pink, and basic education proved difficult.
So difficult in fact, that I went back to my most trusted tactic for school.
Cheating.
From the ages of 5-11, I was just as good as Hermione, but everyone knew the real reason.
The school sure as hell knew, but I brought the grade average up, so they let it slide.
My parents didn't though.
Jesus, ever since I saw them earlier this year, it was night after night dreams about my childhood. Even during the day sometimes.
The time that I had been written up for pushing a girl when I was 7, and my parents took away my nightlight, telling me how mean girls get eaten by monsters, then leaving me without my protecting blanket.
I laughed fondly as I remembered the silk, tiny quilt corner that I ripped apart and called my 'protectie blankie.'
"(Y/n)?" Hermione asked as I spaced off, staring at the training room wall.
"Sorry, yeah?" I turned, seemingly forgetting to be rude.
"Nothing, you just looked worried, and we haven't talked about the spell with mum and dad when you were-"
"Let's just keep that as a forgotten little memory, alright?" I shook off how she could've known my thought process.
"But-"
"Please?" I said harshly, straightening my posture.
...
"Okay."
---
"New rule, no leaving campus unless holiday season, including events."
I looked to Draco dangerously as the wall of rules became even more filled up.
"Ma'am, What about major events?" I asked, trying my hardest to sound polite.
"For the girl who was kidnapped, you sure don't seem to care about you, nor your peers." Umbridge replied, and I didn't stop myself from glaring.
She was in for a serious week, and it would be at the curtesy of yours truly.
---
"This is getting bad!" I cried out as I placed the letter on the library table, next to the resident tall boys who were putting away medical books.
'(Y/n),
She's gone now and I only have a few minutes. I tried to get some to you earlier.
I haven't left. I can't. My cheek hurts, and all I asked was to go ice skating with Jer. I want to go home. This can't be home. This can't be where I live. Is this my family? How can she be gone constantly yet always there? After they took my pain away, she brought it back.
I want to go back to them. I felt more home there than here. Please take me home.
I don't remember it hurting so bad.
I don't like it when she comes back. She's so mean. I want to see you, and Jay, and Jer, and Theo. I need to. Love you.
Chris'
"We need to get to that wedding." I said with determination.
"How in the hell are we gonna get passed Umbridge? Even if I am on the squad, there's absolutely no way we could get through any entrances."
"I'll think of something.." I sighed, grabbing at my hair.
"We could tunnel through the ground?" Draco joked.
Jeremy perked up.
"That's it!" He yelled, and I shushed him (it was a library after all) before he continued.
"No I'm not a moron, alright?? Jay had a secret little tunnel in his room to sneak out of with Theo."
"So all we need to do is.."
"Sneak into the Gryffindor tower!" I finished with a grin.