62. Thunder Dome

"I swear, I've never seen you in the library once. Isn't tryouts- (Y/n)??" Christina fell to the floor beside me as I cried into my knees.
"Are you hurt? Is- did something happen??" She asked softly.
I looked up and wiped away the hair stuck to my face. "She banned me from tryouts!"
"Who?! Umbridge?!" She asked, eyes wide. "Can she even do that??"
"She's working for the ministry, Chris.. she doesn't need to be allowed to do that!"
She paused and stroked my back. "Did you tell Draco?"
"No.. and please, don't!" I begged. "He wants on her good side to help me, and I don't want to stress him out with this.."
She watched me with pity. "Mkay.." she said.
I gave her a weak smile.
---
"You're a hair away from expulsion, young lady.." I was warned for the 6th time that week.
It was Tuesday.
"I've done nothing against the rules since that first day!" I called back as I passed the retched woman in the halls.
I then, bumped into someone.
"Dean-Gray." He greeted.
"Rat." I replied, stepping around him.
"Wait, (Y/n)."
"What ever does the carrot boy and his lover want from little old me?" I asked.
Hermione sighed. "If you don't tell any snakes, we have an important thing to tell you."
---
"I can't believe you want to tell her about this.. you're gonna get us caught!" Ron, the carrot boy, ranted as I assume the two waited for their leader, as they can't seem to do anything without him.
"Look, I was busy making sure Umbridge gets hell tomorrow, so if you aren't gonna say anything, then I'm leaving." I stood from the desk in one of their seemingly infinite abandoned classrooms.
"We have a secret room!" Hermione called.
"Cool?" I asked as the door opened.
"Ah, if it's not the main character!" I cheered.
Harry stopped. "What do you mean?"
"You're the center of everything, dude. And as for whatever this is, I don't want to be one of your side characters. Hell, I don't even want to be an extra!" I flung my arms up. "So good day Harry, good day goblins." I said to each, respectively.
"Do you want to do something behind Umbridge's back?"
I stopped. "...keep talking, glasses.."
---
"Peanut!" My former captain called, and my heart sank.
"Hey, um.. what's up?" I asked.
"Follow me." He ordered.
Nothing better to do..
I followed him outside, to the field.
"I'm not allowed to be on the team, Marcus.." I reminded him sadly.
"Bullshit, she said you can't tryout!" He continued to persist.
"Yeah, and I need to-"
"You're on the team, as an exception for my last year as captain." He said with a smile as he stopped yelling for once, and the lights came on.
My housemates, and my team, all stood behind him.
I bursted into the biggest smile, hugging Marcus.
"I'm risking everything being out here, so appreciate it." Blaise said as he came up.
"Yeah, whatever GPA lord." I rolled my eyes as the team ate some snacks.
"Surprise?" Christina said, and I turned to her.
"You're actually insane! You talked to Marcus?? And didn't cry??"
"Everyone wanted you on the team, especially.."
"You suck! You kept this from me while I was up there kissing her ass?!" I was attacked from behind with a hug, getting lifted up as I kicked and squirmed.
"Put me down!" I cried.
Draco complied and I turned to face him.
"She's rotten." I said.
"I would've let her know how rotten she is if you told me."
"Exactly why I didn't!" I reasoned. "I need you being my inside source, making sure I don't actually get expelled."
He gave a pout. "Yeahhh.." he looked away as he rocked back and forth on his feet. "Just don't keep anything else from me again, okay?" He asked.
I debated in my head.
"Actually, meet me by the fireplace at midnight.." I said, and Theodore gasped.
"That's a scandal.." he said before sipping on a mocktail.
I rolled my eyes and continued greeting people.
"It's good that you're on the team.. the first girl on the team in 20 years, since your mom." Chloe said awkwardly.
I sighed, I know Chloe's my one of my soft sides.
"Thanks, Chlo.." I said with a genuine smile before continuing.
But as luck has it, a special, rude girl napes Pansy came out with another rude tiny old woman that had a preference for pink.
"Expelled! All of you!"
"Actually, ma'am, they're under testing for a sickness right now, and they're getting vaccine treatment so I legally have to give them food." Jeremy saved as he held Christina's arm, a needle in the other as they sat at a table.
"Right.. the ministry will be hearing of this and I'll let them decide your fate, Mr. Gray." She said, and all eyes fell to the girl who called her.
Pansy had her underdog moment, which was cute, but my time is just getting started.
For the jealous little girl, and the big bad ministry pig..