10. Call the Nurse

"Why are you up?" Malfoy spat as I sat in the common room, reading a book.
"I could ask you the same thing, hair gel." I mocked.
"Just mind your business, mudblood." He said.
...
He peeked back at me. "But what were you doing?"
"Hypocrite."
"Shut up."
"Jeremy Gray and Christina Webber are in the medical wing because they were in a fight with that Gryffindor boy."
"Nathaniel? The short 5th year?" He asked. "How is Gray in the infirmary after the beating he gave that boy?"
"He bit Jeremy, actually.." I said in disgust as I was slightly ignored. "He was pulling on Christina's hair and swung her into a wall, and.... you're not listening."
"Hm, cool. Goodnight." He mumbled as he carefully exited the common room, not making a sound.
I did not in fact mind my business, as he said to before.
He went all the way out to Hagrid's little cottage outside the school and I cursed at him as he tried to get closer.
"You're here?!" He whisper yelled.
"So are you!" I accused and we kept talking over each other in hushed tones.
"Just stay here, you stupid little-" he began, so I pushed him and he glared with an ugly frown.
He stomped towards the window and I hid by the start of the trail, behind a stone.
I heard whispering, and then my sister's familiar voice and I frowned. A second passed and someone yelled to the short blond, causing him to run away with a shit eating grin.
"What happened?!" I interrogated as he pulled me along.
"We're getting house points because Potter's an idiot!"
I stayed neutral as we ran back, scared of being caught up late.
I panted heavily as I fell on the common room rug, physically exhausted.
The boy had his hands on his knees as he caught his breath.
"Don't you try and make me not turn them in." He ordered and I rolled my eyes.
"Your little sister was up late playing with a bloody dragon!" He exasperated.
I thought of her for a minute.
"Go ahead and tell, I don't care..." I stood up and began up the stairs.
"Was there a little cat fight between the good and evil twins?" He teased and I slammed my door.
---
"Do you four know why you're here?" McGonagall asked as I glared holes into the eyes of the blond little shitbag that sat next to her.
My sister and her friends nodded, looking at me in confusion.
"50 points will be taken from all 5 of you." She declared, and Malfoy furrowed his eyebrows.
"Five? Elizabeth and I were just-"
"No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, as honorable as your intentions were, you two were out of bed after hours. You will serve detention with your classmates."
My sister and her redhead friend glared at me, and I sunk back, completely defeated.
---
"I'm so sorry, Hagrid... this absolute idiot is to blame!" I hissed at Draco as Hagrid explained how he had to give up his dragon.
He just held his lamp defensively, too scared of the trees to be offended.
"What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn's blood. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured bad by something." I saw Harry flinch out of the corner of my eye, and followed his gaze, seeing nothing.
Bloody hell that scared me.
"So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me."
I looked between the two boys left, one of them making me terrified by the fact that something's bound to happen with him involved, and the other absolutely terrified to death already.
"Hagrid, could I please-"
"You three are looking that way."
"I call Fang!" Draco huddles next to the big dog.
"Alright, but he's a huge coward."
---
"Just wait till my father-"
"Oh, shut up! Five minutes without you whining?! Could I have five?!" I yelled back.
Harry clenched his forehead.
"Well damn it, what happened this-" I turned and a cloaked figure was standing over a dead unicorn, killing my childhood in one instant.
Draco let out a whistle note of a scream and bolted in the other direction, but my legs couldn't move. I attempted to grab for Harry before running but he was too far for me to reach without the figure noticing me, as it seemed focused on him.
"Run, you idiots!" His shrill voice called as he ran, and it took Fang knocking me to the ground for me to scoot away before running.
"Elizabeth?! Where's Harry?!" Ron questioned.
"There was a figure, and- and I tried to grab him!" I mumbled as my sister looked at me with disappointment.
---
"Are you okay?!" Jay asked from one of the beds in the infirmary.
"Why is he here?" I asked the other two.
They both looked away.
"He was on top of her!" Jay screeched.
"He fell!" Christina defended.
"Well why did he have the opportunity to fall on you in the first place?! I'm just trying to protect you!" He yelled again.
"You literally fainted when you saw us!" She yelled. "That's literally why you're here!"
"Guys, our friend saw a dude drinking unicorn blood..." Jeremy redirected and they turned to me.
"Right! Are you okay?" Christina asked.
"If you're not then we can all stay overnight again and have a big sleepover!" Jay gasped like a child.
"I'm fine, just checking in. You'll be out tomorrow?" I asked the two.
"Yep, and Nathaniel is expelled."
"You got a Gryffindor expelled?!" I asked.
They looked confused.
"Well, does their house matter?"
I thought back to everything that my sister and her gang pulled.
"Maybe, maybe not."