50. (Part 1) Jeremy Webber

"Um, I'll go get us some drinks..." Theodore said as Christina spaced out.
"Oh, sure!" She gave him a smile as she looked towards the door, picking around her nails.
"Okay, Tina, it's been 15 minutes... you're here with a sweet, cute boy that-" Tayte began to rant, stopped by what he saw next.
Her heart twisted.
Jeremy Gray, arm intertwined with Daniel Lopez.
He was smiling.
For the first time since Paris, he was smiling.
She couldn't make him smile.
She wasn't the one who made him smile.
Theodore watched as she bolted for the door, bumping shoulders with the one who still had her heart.
Jeremy knew that his was in her grasp too, as she ran out the door.
And Theodore knew that too.
So, he found Donna sitting at a table, and they threw chocolate chips at dancers.
---
"Oh, he has more than friendship on his mind!" Ron yelled at the bottom of the stairs, and I took a breath.
"Nervous to show up those losers?" Draco asked in a whisper.
"I'm not used to showing off like this! I usually just yell at people..."
"Are you serious? You're literally the most influential girl in the magic world!" He rolled his eyes.
"That's Beyoncé, excuse you..." I fixed my dress.
"Just be quiet and grab my arm."
I did so, hand shaking a bit.
"Just keep your head up and don't even look at her. She's dressed like a chicken coop, anyways. Doesn't stand a chance."
He led us to the top of the stairs, and instantly the eyes from the people in the room all glued to us.
"There's no bloody way..." I heard Ron whisper, and I smirked in victory as I glided past him in his ghastly outfit, followed by the girl herself, and I stopped.
I looked Hermione up and down, gave her a sickly sweet smile, and continued.
"That felt good." I said quietly once we entered the main room.
"That looked badass!" He cheered as we found our friends at their table.
Chloe bounded in, holding Blaise's hand as she grabbed my shoulders.
"That was so cool! You should've seen her face after!" She praised, sitting on my left.
"It was worth these heels?" I whined.
"All 2 inches of them?" Draco teased.
"They're like 6!" I argued.
"Hm. Short is still short.." he teased, and I elbowed him.
---
"Hey, Daniel, I have to go." Jeremy didn't even wait for an answer as he ran into the hall, looking through the bathrooms, then the nearest classroom.
"Chris??" He begged into the darkness, and a hiccup came from the back.
He pulled his wand out and illuminated the room, seeing the most beautiful girl in the world, covered in tears.
"Christina Webber, I love you." He let it out. "I've loved you for so long, please..."
It was quiet.
"Then why?" She asked quietly.
"Why what?"
She brushed off her knees as she stood.
"Why did you treat me like garbage?!" She screamed, and he went stiff. "You think that now I'm going to accept this halfassed confession?! You came here with another person, Jeremy! You haven't said a word to me this year!" She tried to continue, but she couldn't breathe because of her sobs.
"I didn't want this! I wanted you safe!" He cried out.
"I don't know what you're talking about, Jeremy!"
"I can't tell you, but please just trust me.."
She laughed angrily. "Trust you?! Cause that sounds really appealing right now..." she walked towards the door.
"I'm a death eater!"
She stopped in her tracks.
"Like my father, it was either (Y/n) or me... they needed Gray blood."
No response. "I love you so much, but I knew one day I'd need to save you from this, so I pulled away. And it hurt. It hurt so bad, and I need you so bad, you're all I need." He sobbed as he clamped his hand over his mouth.
Two arms squeezed his torso.
"Jeremy Gray, you are the stupidest, dumbest boy with the most backward logic!" She laughed softly into his shirt. "And I love you for it..."
he sniffled softly, giggling with her as they held each other.
"No more secrets, okay?" She said with a stuffy nose.
He held her tighter. "Okay."
"Hey Jer?"
"Hm?"
"What if our understanding was real?" She asked.
"You'd want that? Even after everything?"
"I don't care what side we're on, as long as I'm with you."
"Christina Webber, did you just propose to me?" He teased.
"Oh, shush.."