57. Inside Jokes

"If any teachers find out, we'll all be expelled, you know that right?" I asked, sitting up.
"Please, you don't know how often the older boys sneak the girls into the dorms!" Blaise tried to reassure, making the air even more awkward.
"Relax, Vince and Greg left this room months ago cause they found another boy to goon over." Theodore laughed, and Draco pouted.
"He's a Durmstrag kid, too-!" Blaise began to laugh, getting a shoe thrown at him.
Because the girls took Pansy's side, and my other friends wouldn't let me stay in the common room or with any of the other girls that agreed with Pansy, I was now...
"You know there's two free beds, you don't need a sleeping bag on the floor." Draco told me.
"That's sounds too.. potentially permanent." I shuttered.
It made me laugh, the fact that when I remembered sneaking into the Gryffindor dorms with Hermione, and the difference between the boys dorms and the girls, it was so different you wouldn't think it was the same house.
Same with Ravenclaw, but the boys in our house decorated with the same intricacies and taste that the girls did, that the only difference was the smell of slight cologne versus the more subtle rosy smell of my dorm.
"Suit yourself... she probably did this every night growing up a muggle." Blaise joked, and Theodore scoffed.
"Muggles aren't all that bad."
"Yeah, the one who grew up around them says." Draco shot back to Theodore with a smile.
"Oh, shush I'm not a blood traitor or anything. My father's just good at taking advantage of those idiots."
I furrowed my eyebrows. "What does your father do?" I asked.
"Theodore Nott ll's magic and wonders carnival!" Blaise teased in an announcer voice.
"Your father's a carnival owner..?" I said with a slacked jaw.
"The trick is that it looks humble, but he's been working so closely with the ministry to keep an eye on the people that are suspicious of our world and informs them about it, pays great too." Theodore explained, getting out of his bed. "I'm gonna follow in his footsteps and become Theodore Nott lll, the fastest cardsman alive!" He grabbed around my shoulder, holding his hand up in the air as to suggest the future was right there in front of him.
"Right, going to Hogwarts and studying magic to become a magician is like..." Blaise tried to think of a metaphor.
"Like going to Harvard to become a janitor?" Theodore finished, and I was the only one to laugh.
"Wow, the blood traitors have inside jokes..." Blaise crosses his arms.
"Well, what do you want to do then? Fashion like your mum?" I asked.
He shook his head. "Oh, god no. I'm not following in anyone's footsteps in my family. Don't plan on dying in a war like my father, or becoming a part of mum's work force."
We all chuckled slightly. "I want to teach here, when I grow up." He said. "My grades are the highest in the school except for Granger's invigorating self."
"Said that enough times?" Draco teased.
"Well then, what about you?" I asked, and he didn't take in what I said. "What do you want to do?" I asked.
We usually didn't have these sorts of talks, focusing on the now. I didn't like talking about the past, and I had a feeling he didn't like talking about the future, considering how his face dropped instantly.
"My father had my life planned out for me, so I don't have much say." He shrugged.
"And what's that then?" Blaise asked.
He sighed. "Being him, I guess?" He shook his head. "I just want him to be proud is all." He tried to act nonchalant about it, but we all felt the emotion rising in his voice.
"I asked what you want to do." I said softly, and he looked at me for a moment, before blushing and letting out a breath.
"Ah.." he looked down. "This is a secret, you idiots!" He warned with the most embarrassed smile. "I have a little fantasy of wanting to be a healer, actually.."
The boys both freaked out and started yelling and laughing.
"You?? Willingly saving others?!" Blaise fell back onto his bed from laughing so hard.
"Oh, be quiet!" I threw my pillow at him. "I can see that, he has a heart, you cackling baboons." I rolled my eyes as Theodore practically convulsed next to me on the floor.
"Yeah, easy for you to say he's been in love with you since he had that stupid haircut."
"Aw, I miss that!" Blaise teased on top of Theodore's comment.
"I'm serious! You need to pay closer attention to your friend! He's literally so loyal to you buttheads." I whacked Theodore, pouting.
"I'm okay, (Y/n).." Draco laughed at me.
I turned my pout to him, motioning at the two idiots.
He shook his head and told me to come over to him.
I did and he swung his legs over the side of his bed, grabbing my hands, looking over to the two boys who were already goofing off about it alone. He looked back. "I wanted to tell you that, because I grew up with the stories of Maple Dean-Gray and how her incredible healing abilities got her noticed my the ministry."
My heart twisted at his words. "That's so sweet.. I think that if you really want to, you don't have to be like your father." I gave him a flat smile, and he scanned my face quietly.
"I wish it was that simple, but I've known my fate since I was young." He pulled me closer.
"Well, I'm here for you as long as you want me." I wrapped my arms around his neck.
"Public display of affection!" Blaise screamed in a high pitched tone, right as we heard a click from the door.
I panicked and pulled Draco's neck, landing on the floor, his head hitting with a thud as I hovered over him.
He silently 'oh'ed and I quietly apologized as the door finished opening.
"Hello, Ms. Kim.." Blaise said awkwardly.
"Hi, boys. Got a noise complaint? As prefect, it's my job to-"
"Sorry Isabella, we were just playing around." Theodore wrapped his arm around Blaise.
She waited. "Was someone being touched?" She asked and we all went white at the face.
"W-what?" Theodore asked, wondering is she could sense us or something.
"Blaise yelled 'public display of-"
"Public display of affection!" Blaise yelled, grabbing Theodore's arm from around his shoulder and bending it back, making him cry out.
"See? Just a little inside joke!" Blaise said with a wink.