37. Superior Kitty

I frowned as I sat up, Christina asleep in a chair, sunflower bouquet in her hand.
I chuckled at the sight, but my laughter made me wince.
I broke my tailbone when I was flung.
The only people to visit me were Hermione and her friends, Jay, Jeremy, and the girl snoring at the foot of my bed.
Not a drop of green anywhere.
I continued to dwell. Was it because I went against Draco? Or because I was on the side of the three golden children?
Would Donna and Chloe just drop me like that? I blinked back tears and shook Christina.
"Go to class, stupid." I whispered as she stirred.
"Jer will be by tonight with your food, okay?" She said sleepily.
"Okay. Thank you." I have her a painful hug as she stumbled out, rubbing her eye.
I was dreading the summer to come, and almost wished that I could go back with Hermione.
Actually, things had been wonderful between us, and she checked up on me a lot, reading me the lessons from the day, providing a lullaby to sleep. Harry was a kind, awkward boy, but we got along fine.
Ron is a piece of work.
---
"Are you sure you're okay?" Jay asked as I crutched my way down the stairs.
"I'll be fine." I rolled my eyes as we neared the dining hall.
"Hey, one thing." Jay stopped me. "Your house isn't exactly fond of you right now..."
"I guessed." I gave him a sad look. "Like I said, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me, please?"
He reluctantly nodded, opening the doors for me.
The hush that fell over the room made me want to get flung into that rock again.
I wobbled my way towards my table, eyeing my usual spot.
I made eye contact with the blond boy, and went to the opposite end, closer to the door.
The muggle born side.
I gave a smile towards Antonio, who didn't return the gesture, but scooted left in pity.
"Thanks.."
he was silent.
I looked around, seeing Beth. She didn't want to look at me either.
I quietly ate my food.
---
I cried softly into my pillow, I didn't care about the pain.
She was a back stabbing liar.
---
"Mione!" I used my crutches as fast as I could, and she looked around nervously.
"Don't make a scene, (Y/n)." She hushed me, and my smile faded.
"Is there a problem?" I asked.
Silence from her, but from her redhead asshole friend...
"We enjoy your company, (Y/n), it's just that... you're reputation is rubbing off on us, and it's already hurt Harry."
I blinked in confusion. "The rumors my house is spreading?? You're going to value that over me?" People began to turn to me.
"Narcissist.."
I made eye contact with the girl who whispered that, and she shied away.
"You're quick you anger and ruthless. You used to be fun and happy. I don't know who you are, but you're not my Elizabeth.." Hermione said with a solemn face.
I was breathing heavily.
Of course... I was so stupid to ever believe that she'd except me.
"I'm my own (Y/n)." I said as I looked her in the eye. "And Harry deserves better friends."
---
For the first time, the train ride was quiet and calm.
But it wasn't bad.
Jay and Jeremy were fast asleep, leaning on each other as Christina knitted. I laid against her shoulder as she softly hummed, and I imagined the first time I ever spent the holidays with them.
I missed Charlie.
I miss being happy there.
I decided to focus on Christina's honey-like voice, drowning out the world.
It was all I had before summer came.
---
Unpacking was usually fun, but not even Avocado seemed enthusiastic about being back at this place.
It was strange, how I was walking towards my closet and just...
Fell.
I fell to the floor and cried.
I'd given up Chloe and Donna, Blaise, Theo, Pansy... all for a forgotten sister that will never care, just like her parents. Never any real love, no matter how much I thought there could be.
I was alone. Alone with my mistakes.
A soft mew came from near my leg, as my knee was rubbed against by a fluffy, fat cheek.
I was alone with my stupid, stupid kitty.
And he was superior to all.