92. Ho-Ho-No

"Hey.. do you want some cocoa?"
I ignored the person at my door and continued to pretend to sleep.
"Um.. I heard you mumbling curses so can you please talk to me?"
"Are B and Theo gone?" I asked.
"Yeah, I talked to them before they left."
"Okay." I turned over and closed my eyes again.
"I know that I'm an asshole, but I really am sorry."
I remained silent as I heard Draco walk into the room.
"There isn't an excuse for me acting like that. And honestly I know you don't like those topics so I try and not talk about them around you but I didn't have a filter-"
"You're stressed, it's fine." I replied as I sat up, stretching.
"It's not! I threw away the alcohol, and-"
"What?!" I freaked out. "Why the hell would you do that??"
"I didn't want to do that ever again! I swear I'll never drink another sip-"
"That was expensive.." I got up and walked to the dresser, fixing my hair.
"I promise that I'll start thinking more openly-"
"Like, that was really old and expensive."
"(Y/n)! I love you and I don't care about wine!" He grabbed my shoulders, stopping me from brushing it off. "And I thought about what you said, and the answer is yes."
"what do you-"
"If you were still Elizabeth, I'd be with you, because thats when I fell in love with you."
My heart swooned, and I pulled him against me as fast as I could.
"We should just.. just run! We should leave everything behind, all your stress! All of this complicated blood talk and just go.." I cried into his chest.
"I know you couldn't do that to your family.. and I couldn't do that to mine."
I pulled him closer. "I know.."
---
"Tomorrow!" I bounced on the couch.
Draco shuffled from where we had fallen asleep before.
"Christmas!" I cheered. "Look!" I jumped down and sat next to the couch, waiting for him to open his eyes as I watched his scrunched face against the throw pillow.
"Wake upppp~!" I encouraged as he stirred, and I tilted my head to make eye contact.
His eyes fluttered to a half closed state, and he studied my features that took up his entire vision.
"Come closer.." he mumbled, and I didn't hear him, so I furrowed my brows and moved closer.
He leaned closer, and I expected a kiss with butterflies in my stomach.
He just breathed hot morning breath into my nose and I jumped back in disgust as he laughed.
"Jesus! Did you eat a rotting skunk!?" I yelled as I scrunched my face up.
He sat up, still amused, and looked at the living-room, warm light shining through the long windows, bouncing off of the fresh snow and highlighting the decorations I'd hung up, green red and white everywhere.
"My goodness.." he smiled as he scratched his head, looking around, then back to me.
He beamed as I did a spin, admiration all over his face as my red dress twirled.
The dress flared and reached my knees, a thick black belt with a gold buckle around my waist, and a fluffy collar and sleeve cuffs.
I was Santa.
"Chris sewed it for me! She had the same one when she was little!" I cheered as I posed again.
"Well ho-ho-h-"
"Stop!" I pointed at him. "This is the official uniform of Mr. Clause and I will not have you disrespecting it!"
He shook his head as I went behind the newly decorated Christmas tree and grabbed a bag.
"What's that?" He asked.
"So.. I was thinking.." I started. "We threw a costume party here and invited all of or friends!"
I said the word costume and his face went pale.
"Like, I'm the host so I get to be Santa!"
"If that's an elf costume, I swear.."
"Don't be stupid!" I chuckled as I reached in the bag.
"Oh god, you had me worried-"
He stared as I held up a headband with antlers on them.
---
Christina rung the doorbell as everyone waited behind her.
"Get the door!" I yelled to Draco from inside.
"I'm not leaving this room dressed like this!" He replied and everyone looked between each other.
"You look cute!" I yelled back.
"I'm dressed like a reindeer!" He retorted.
"You're dressed as rudolf! The most important reindeer!" I corrected as I walked back into the bathroom where I did his makeup.
"Your my most important reindeer." I said with a cheesy smile and he fake gagged.
"Whatever, I'll get the door.."
"Remember to say the thing!" I yelled down.
"You're lucky I love you."
He swung the door open, his face dead serious.
"Welcome to our ho-ho-home..."
Christina shot a picture as fast as she could.
"How'd you-" he began.
"Blame the design, not the designer." She said with poise as she walked in.
Donna and her were in matching elf dresses, and I ran down and hugged them.
Jeremy was a snowman, followed by another snowman.
"I have winter themed snacks!" Jay announced as Theodora and him walked in, dressed as the other snowman and an elf.
We all lost it emotionally as she carried Gabe in, dressed as Rudolph, a cute red dot on the tip of his nose as he looked around confused.
Blaise and Theo were matching presents, and Chloe was the abominable snowman.
Draco glared at the toddler for a strange amount of time, and I elbowed him.
"What's your problem?" I asked as Theodora sat on the floor with him as we all sat around the couch.
"There can only be one Rudolph.." he huffed, and Theodora turned to him.
"My money's on Gabe." She encouraged.
"Let's not have my boyfriend fight my nephew!" I tried to say to the baby's literal mother.
"Don't worry, I can take him." Draco 'reassured.'
My eyes went wide. "It's not you I'm worried about!" I turned to Jay, expecting him to do something.
"What?" He asked.
My jaw dropped at his lack of a reaction.
"Oh, I mean I'd say Draco's gonna win, but-"
"It really was those two that ended up parents.." Christina shook her head.
"So are we making them fight?" Blaise asked.
"Poopy!" Gabe called out.
"How dare you!" Draco gasped and the baby chuckled.
Theodora chuckled and stood, placing the baby in his lap and walking away to get more food.
My head hurt at her actions and I looked down to the baby on his lap.
"You should learn some respect-"
"Poopy!" He called again, scream-laughing when Draco dramatically threw his head back.
"You little-" he began tickling the chunky thing's sides and he batted at his hands as he laughed.
Draco reacted to these hits by yelping in pain, making Gabe laugh even harder.
"You good..?" Chloe put her hand on my shoulder and I snapped out of it, gasping for breath.
"Ba-baby." I stuttered.
I meant to say 'I'm fine.'
"Oh, does him doing that make your heart go..?"
I nodded profusely.