48. Their Love Died in Paris

"A ball? At the school?" I crossed my arms. "I want a ball back home! This time with no crazy revenge-boy trying to kidnap and kill me!" My friends went quiet as we sat in the common room.
"Nearly forgot about that." Draco said, leaning back on the couch.
Donna blinked before continuing. "Right... well, I'm asking that Beauxbaton girl Monica to go with me."
Blaise scoffed. "You'll scare that quiet girl away with a glance!"
"That girl's scared? You still haven't asked Chloe to go with you..." I innocently tapped the armrest as the two blushed at each other.
"Who's asked you then, (Y/n)?" Theodore asked.
"Nobody yet, I'm probably just gonna go with Christina." I shrugged off.
"I was gonna ask her..." Theodore pouted.
"I'll go with Jay- no, he's leaving with Theodora for the Holliday... Jer- shit..."
They waited.
Draco opened his mouth.
"I'll just tag along with someone, I guess!" I said as I stood up and grabbed my things. "I have a potions quiz, I'll be back in a bit."
"Bro.." Blaise turned to Draco with a sympathizing expression.
---
"Hello."
I stared up at the tall, ridiculously huge boy.
"Viktor Krum, hi." I said with pep, feeling confident about my quiz.
"I've heard a lot about you from Daniel."
"Ah, right.." I gave an awkwardly forced smile.
"You're very beautiful, and keep catching my eye."
Why was Tarzan complimenting me?
"Oh, thanks." I didn't know what to do.
"Hey, (Y/n)! It's nice to see you! Can we talk?"
My expression changed from awkward to confused to mad as I was pulled around a corner.
"Granger." I greeted with sass.
"Your welcome.." she scoffed. "He was obviously making you uncomfortable."
I shifted and rolled my eyes. "Thanks." I said shortly.
"Right. You don't need to be going to the dance with anyone you don't want to."
"Why are you telling me this??"
"(Y/n), I still care about you, and..."
"Bloody hell you do! What is it?"
"I've been hearing rumors that Malfoy plans to ask you to the ball."
My eyes shot open.
"We can hate each other, but I draw the line at him." She said.
I was so ready to tell her off, but I thought and smiled. "That's very kind of you, thanks."
She didn't know shit about me, but claimed to know what's best?
This pathetic girl...
---
Jeremy was arranging books in the library, searching.
He was looking for ways to help Harry Potter win, so that... well-
"Christina!" He heard below and clenched the latter, watching quietly.
Theodore walked towards Chris, sitting at a far table.
"Theodore, hi!" She greeted.
He took a huge breath.
"So, it's super soon, but the ball is coming up and I wanted to be the first one to ask, or, get the rejection out of the way before- well, I'm hoping you'll say yes but." He rambled and Jeremy stared at Christina.
She looked up to him, her eyes desperate as he forced his eyes to return to the shelves.
"So, if you wanna maybe somehow-"
"Theodore, I'd love to go with you." She pulled him in for a hug, and Jeremy promptly exited the library, not expressing a thing until he stormed into a bathroom, falling instantly.
He cried.
He cried, his voice echoing through the room.
It wasn't fair, he needed her back, he didn't care.
It was her and him, and he wanted that back. He'll do whatever it takes to hold her in his arms again.
---
"That fucking bitch!" I stormed into my room, throwing the daily prophet paper at Chloe who was painting her nails.
"What?" She asked as she read over it.
"Hermione is a sneaky, evil, lying rat!" I grabbed the paper again and read it over.
"Viktor was going to ask me to the dance! Hermione 'saved me' from him, and now they're star crossed lovers?!"
"Oh, bitch..." Pansy shook her head, doing her nails as she payed half attention.
"Steal him!" Donna yelled from the bathroom.
"How would- oh my god.." I gaped.
"Huh? What? Curses...?" Chloe guessed.
"She wanted me to watch out for someone that planned on asking me, because she 'wouldn't stand' for me going with him."
They stared at my evil grin with done faces.
"I owe you 20." Pansy said to Chloe.
"I told you they'd end up going together.."
I scoffed. "Oh, quiet!"