18. Redo Party

"I knew it!" Theodora yelled as she plummeted up the stairs, still in her blue uniform. "You're the lost child!" She pointed at me.
"Oh, hi darling!" She gave Jay a peck on the cheek as he immediately latched onto her, probably crying. "But it's you! I had a feeling!"
I laughed a bit at Theo as the house elf, with the comical name, Gilbert, carried Theodora's bags to her room.
"Now she's officially part of the family." Jay teased.
"Stop!" Jeremy protested, and Chris covered her eyes.
"What?" I asked, and the couple looked at each other with devilish grins.
"You see, Jay and I have an arranged engagement, it's really popular among pureblood families." She explained.
"Since we were 7." Jay added as he fell back onto the couch.
"So, that ties me into the family." Theo pointed to herself, but looked to Christina and Jeremy.
"Now those two morons refuse their arrangement, but it's practically true."
I gaped with a grin.
"Nothing has been discussed, okay?!" Jeremy defended, voice cracking as he hid himself in his forest of long limbs.
"So, they'll tie Jay to Jeremy, tying me to Chris and Jeremy, and then since you're Jer's cousin, we're all in!" She explained, her Scottish accent making my brain spin.
"Ah, kids?" Charlie called up. "I have a business meeting, so no coming downstairs until everyone's gone."
"Alright!" Jeremy called, and the rest looked sullen.
"Hey, Jer, what's your dad's job?" I asked, but he looked horrified when he looked back that I didn't press it.
---
"They are 13, not 25. Go back up." Charlie demanded as Chris and I sulked up the stairs in our full makeup and bodycon dresses.
We returned in mature, longer gowns and matching short sleeve sweaters.
Her dress was purple, while mine was a baby pink.
Matching to these parties unspokenly was our thing, no questions asked.
Charlie approved reluctantly, and I was explained the proper etiquette by an excited Theodora.
---
I took a breath as we entered the large gates, classical music playing and voices conversing all from a distance.
The sun was newly set like last time, but this time, there was snow.
"Ms. Dean-Gray?" A beautiful woman said in a posh voice.
"Y-Yes, hello." I gave a nod, as Theodora told me to.
"Well, it's lovely to meet you, darling and my, you look like so much like Maple."
"You knew my mother?" I asked, as the others I came here with were greeted by others.
Charlie stayed by my side.
"Oh, barely! She loved her first name, though. She never went by her surname to anyone."
My eyes lit up with the information.
"I'm sure she was a truly admirable woman." I gave a smile.
When the interaction was over, I heard Charlie chuckle behind me.
"When you do that, you're as formal as Veronica and charming as her wife."
"Whatever do you mean uncle?" I shook my head jokingly.
He nudged me with his arm as more people came to chat.
"Your niece is truly a beauty."
"Oh, all of it is from me." He joked at a fancy gentleman.
The small gathering laughed, and I found myself enjoying this part, that I didn't really want to go to the hideout spot as much.
This year, it was the wine cellar.
"When I heard that my best friend's daughter was alive, I didn't expect a copy of her!" A woman said excitedly, but maintained elegance.
"You think she looks like Veronica? I've heard Maple's name all night."
"It's all in the eyes, darling." The woman leaned down to me with a smile. "Oh how rude! You poor muggle-raised girl... would you like to know who I am?"
I was taken aback by the statement, but Charlie sensed my uneasyness.
"Narcissa Malfoy was my sister's best friend through her whole life."
I stopped my eyes from shooting out of my head, and instead smiled.
"It's lovely to meet you, ma'am." I nodded, and she sighed.
"That's her voice too." She blinked away a tear. "You can go run along to the hiding spot, I have some talking to do with your uncle." She said sternly, and I had no choice but to kindly thank her and leave.
"Oh, Ms. Dean-Gray!" Another voice caught my attention, and I turned to greet another person.
"Oh, hello. And who might-" I stopped myself and rolled my eyes at Simon.
"You fell for it.." he shrugged as the next song started, and he held out his hand.
"I assume that Theodora taught you the dances?" He asked as he offered his hand.
"Thoroughly." I nodded as I grabbed his hand.
We joined the people, gliding easily and smoothly.
"You're a natural." He complimented.
"Why, thank you, Mr. Kim." I joked. I wasn't nervous or blushing.
Dancing with Simon was like dancing with a sibling.
"I'm sorry to be using you like this." He informed. "Girls just don't seem to leave me alone." He exasperated.
"Oh? You and your mullet?"
He "accidentally" stepped on my foot.
"Unfortunately for them, I'll never be girl crazy.." he shook his head.
"Why's that? Crazy for something else?"
"Crazy for myself, really." He smiled. "Also I'm about 80% sure that the boy with the buzz cut was going to ask you to dance, so really, you owe me one.
I looked over to the Russian boy he was talking about.
Yikes, no...
"Well, thank- holy shit!" I gasped as there was a turn, and Simon got to see it.
"Is that Pansy and-" he asked.
"She's liked him all year!" I got a better look and furrowed my eyebrows as Draco attempted to distance himself from my friend.
"I wonder why he's so- ow!" Simon complained as my heel met his toe.
People looked at him as he cried and moaned, so I just shimmied away into the cellar, where Blaise was setting up a round of UNO for everyone except Theodora and Jay, who were flirting in the corner grossly.
I sat with Jeremy and Chris, greeting Donna and Chloe with hugs, and kicking Theodore and Blaise.
I won the next two games, and ended up putting Blaise in a chokehold.