64. Mon Amour

"Who?"
"Her name's Maud Eclair, and she's from America."
"With that name?" Theodore questioned as we ate.
Blaise nodded. "Apparently Umbridge recommended her. She's almost as wealthy as the Grays, and apparently she's the coldest and meanest of them all."
"Really, B? You're so dramatic.." I shook my head.
"It's your queen uprising.." he put his hands up in defeat.
"Oh, gladly.. is she in our house?" I asked.
"Well, me, the little class gossip knows, but I don't know if I'd like to tell you.." Blaise crossed his arms as Draco sat down.
"Oh, the new girl? Yeah, she's supposed to be in our house but she's 'deathly afraid of snakes' so.." he said with salt.
"So she's already on mister house pride's death list.. and I'm assuming he wouldn't be as rattled up if she was in any other house, so I'm guessing she's..." Theodore said.
"Gryffindor?" I asked, and Draco was already glaring in that direction especially hard today.
"I'm guessing yes, then." Beth spoke up.
She and I were awkward now, but we talked a bit.
After all, it's immature to hold grudges for so long.
"Potter's conversing with the blood traitor, no surprise there.." Draco whispered, and I smiled fondly.
I looked over and a girl that could tower over Donna was vibrant and glowing, her skin was a cool tone of deep brown, and she had piercing green eyes that almost glowed.
She was absolutely stunning, and I didn't even think she was real.
Until she looked me up and down with such power and energy that I of all people crumpled in on myself.
She did not like me, and the air around her was explosive.
I was on the defense, for the first time.
All by a look.
---
I could barely shake Maud's look during the game. I mean, she was almost ethereal, floating above everyone, no expression girl..
I rammed a few third year Gryffindors with my broom and felt better.
"Don't have Jay going soft on you?" One of the boys said as I maneuvered around him, getting a hidden elbow to his side, hearing him fall and crash.
"Who went easy on who??" I called down after I scored.
A gold dot passed my vision, and I instantly turned.
"Draco!" I yelled and pointed.
I wasn't surprised when Ron nearly fell off his broom, but when he almost caught up.
"He's absolutely garbage!" Blaise called.
"Do you think Harry's back hurt from carrying his whole team for so long?" I asked, and Marcus let out a hyena cackle.
"Slytherin wins!"
---
"You both killed it!" Theodore praised the boys. He looked to me. "You were.. meh." He said with a smile and I threw a towel at him.
"Ugh! Why is it wet??" He asked, and I lowly chuckled.
"Sweattt." I said as I batted my eyelashes, and he legitimately gagged.
"You disgust me." Draco said with the opposite tone of someone who was disgusted by me, grabbing my hands.
"Right." I said with a grin as I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck, and he stumbled back a bit, laughing.
"You actually smell." He teased, helping me reach by leaning down.
"And you actually pushed me to the floor." I replied into his ear and his breath hitched.
I began laughing. "Didn't forget that, did I?"
"I guess you did not, but at least you're not expelled." He let go of me as our house entered the common room and we stayed.
"I mean, only one detention in a week.." I shrugged.
"It's bad that that's impressive for you."
"Well, I like to live life on the edge." I tried my 'coolest' pose and he instantly cringed.
"You live your life failing a class that we don't even do anything in." He corrected.
"Well, I could use a tutor..." I said as I stepped closer.
Christina and Jeremy stared at each other from around the corner with wide eyes.
"Oh, could you now?"
Jeremy clamped his hand over his mouth, and Christina began hyperventilating.
"Yes sir~"
"NO! DEAR GOD PLEASE NO!" Jeremy cried as he rounded the corner.
Christina was still wheezing as she had a slight panic attack.
"YOU HAVE A LETTER (Y/N)!" Jeremy did not lower his volume as he held out the paper, not giving anyone else the opportunity to talk.
"T-thanks, J-"
"YOUREWELCOMEBYE!" He cried as he grabbed Christina by the hand.
"Oh, please! You two are real life roleplaying teacher x student!" Draco called after them as they bolted.
I looked anywhere but at him, and he seemed to be blushing from what I could tell as I stared at the ceiling.
"I think I was called-" I squeaked as I reached for the door at the same time he did, and i jumped back.
"What?" He asked, amused.
"Sorry, I'm uH, it was just a quickkk..." I tried to word, but word no do come out mouth of me.
"Cats got your tongue..?" He asked, taking a stride towards me.
HEOLP MÉ¡
"I have a letter!" I managed to say as I looked up at him, holding it like a sword.
He just stood there for a solid 15 seconds and just looked at me, and I swear I was tired of feeling small today.
"It's late." He said finally, his voice soft but seeming to echo loudly throughout the halls, enough so that I instantly cupped my hand over his mouth.
He cocked an eyebrow at me. "I know, now shush!" I begged quietly.
I felt his smile widen, and he gently took my wrist and lifted my hand.
"I love you." He said at a normal volume, and without registering what he said, my hand came back over his mouth as his words echoed.
Echoed in my head for a while, too.
My hand slowly went limp, and he grabbed it, placing a kiss on my mother's ring.
"You don't have to say it back, I know it was sudd-"
Like usual, I was the one jumping at him with open arms.
But for the first time, my lips met his.
Yes, I'd stolen pecks from him, and I've kissed my childhood crush on the playground, but I wasn't prepared for the realness of it.
The passion that was held between us casted colors and shadows all around us, gentle and vibrant.
"I love you." I said in a slight daze as I pulled away, the ghost of his lips haunting mine.
It was his smile that broke through the haze of colors, brought me back to him.
"Well, mon amour, you have a letter to open, from..." he checked the seal, and his smile dropped. "The Gray-Dean manor.." He read, as footsteps rounded the corner, uneven.
"They have her!" Jeremy cried as he limped closer.
"Jeremy??" I asked.
"You're bleeding!" Draco called out as I held my cousin as he crashed into me.
"Chris! They have her!" He cried out as Draco had me lay him down.
"Who do?!" I yelled.
"These men.. they were in these.. masks.." Jeremy shook his head as Draco tended to his leg.
"They stabbed him.." he said. "Help!" He yelled into the halls that didn't seem to echo anymore, but to just send his words back.
"Where'd they go??" I asked.
"They went for the front.." he hissed in pain.
I looked between the boys.
"No, no!" Draco ordered as he caught onto what I was doing. "The last time you did something like this, you broke your back!"
"Save Jeremy." I ordered as I stood, grabbing my wand and running up the stairs.
They were coming from the infirmary, near the clock tower, and I assume Jeremy used his wand to get here.
I was coming from the dungeon, so I'd meet them first-second floor.
Jeremy said they were men, but what got me was the stab wound.
"Oh my god.." I said under my breath as they waited for the stairs to switch.
Four men, all in full black with masks, and a girl sling over one of their shoulders.
I waited by the entrance, until one of them saw me after they reached the bottom.
"Expeliarmus!" I called at the only one wielding a wand.
"Move it, little girl."
The American accent hit me, and I immediately knew that these men had some affiliation with-
"Don't move!" Maud ordered as she held her wand at the one who held Chris.
"Gas em!"
---
The sound of a canister hitting the floor, and a cloud of white coming at us, and I woke up in an actual hospital, and a missing poster for Christina Webber pinned to the bulletin board just outside my hospital room.