4. Team Slytherin

I was so nervous I was about to cry when she brought us into a classroom.
I could deal with getting in trouble at normal school, but not here..
It was Professor Quirrell's room, and she interrupted his lesson.
"Could I borrow Oliver Wood and Marcus Flint for a moment?" She asked and he nodded, seemingly scared.
Odd...
A boy stood up, and I made the mistake of looking in his direction, seeing two familiar heads beside where he was sitting.
Jay and Jeremy were next to each other, glaring at me with the same expression.
"What did you do?!" Jay mouthed.
"I'll explain later!" I mouthed back, following them at the door as his eyes narrowed.
"Wood, I have found you your new seeker." She motioned to Harry with a smile.
Her attitude stiffened as she looked to the other Slytherin, but looked to me with a less harsh expression. "And Ms. Granger would make a great goalkeeper."
--
"You do know that there hasn't been a first year on the house team in a century?" Simon informed during supper. "Let alone a girl! Not since Maple Dean!"
"I can't believe you got the head of the stupid Gryffindors to get you onto a team!" Blaise yelled. "Did you do something to make her like you?" He asked.
"She probably told her all about how she'd rather be a Gryffindor!" Draco spat.
"Your attitude is exceptionally potent tonight, Malfoy. What's your issue?" I asked, making a few people giggle.
"You made the team and he didn't, plain and simple." Blaise teased along with me.
"Whatever... Marcus Flint is going to make that first practice hell for you, muggle." Malfoy finished, before looking up behind me with wide , scared eyes.
"Jason Romel Ritumban Webber! Don't make a scene or I swear-"
"Elizabeth!" He belted through the huge room as Christina cringed, grabbing at his arm to drag him back, to no avail as he paced in front of me.
"You mean to tell me that I will have to ABSOLUTELY DESTROY YOU during a quidditch match?!" He yelled and I buried my face in my hands.
"Chris, off me, I'm mad!" He ordered.
"You think you can beat her? My sister said you're famous for shattering your wrist last year." Blaise defended.
"Stop embarrassing her, you absolute ass!" Christina yelled.
"Jeremy, grab her!" He ordered to his friend who was peacefully eating at his table.
"I'm not gonna grab your sister, Jay!" He slammed his spoon down.
"You're like, 2 feet tall and look like Theodora! I can't have you getting in the way of my power shots!" He whined.
"Silencio." Snape said as he walked in the room, cape flowing because of how fast he always moved for some reason.
He spoke Spanish?
I looked to Jay who was attempting to yell but no sound came from him.
Oh, a spell!
Harry gave a suspicious side eye at the professor as he walked up to the Webber siblings.
"Please seat yourselves." He ordered and they both left.
Everyone was laughing and kept on talking.
"Do you know every bloody Gryffindor?" Draco asked with disgust.
"Her sister's one, you moron." Antonio defended. I smiled at him down the table.
"If you weren't so obnoxious maybe I'd hang around here more often." I spoke up.
"If you weren't so rude maybe I'd be able to look at you for more than five seconds!" He spat back.
"Have you met yourself?! Calling me the rude one??"
Simon snorted.
"I'll say, these first year boys are pathetic..." a girl with a deep smooth voice spoke up.
A fourth year spoke up, her hair in the tightest, neatest silky black ponytail I've ever seen.
"You're the creep going after first year boys." Malfoy's goon spat out.
"Please, you little.. gremlin... I don't even go after boys." She stood up and took Simon's seat.
"If you need me for anything, girly, I have your back." She said to me.
"Thank you," I said, hiding my shock with smugness.
"Isabella Kim, that one's my cousin." She motioned to Simon.
Draco huffed and rolled his eyes.
"(Y/n)? Can I talk to you?" Donna asked, tapping my shoulder.
---
"I know that she's your friend and all, but I look at her and it just-" Donna stopped herself. "She makes me angry. I've been going to dinner parties and events with her and her brother and Jeremy since I was young and she was already perfect and mean..." she sighed. "I don't want you feeling how I felt, you know?" She explained. "Plus, there's a whole other side that I can't even get into-"
I touched her shoulder.
"Hey, Donna!" I stopped her rambling with a chuckle. "Thanks for telling me, and I'll keep that in mind but she's still my friend, and will be until I have a reason why she shouldn't be." I explained with a smile, and she leaned in and hugged me tight.
"Just don't leave me for her..." she whispered.
I hugged her tighter.