63. Baby Cousin

"Girls and boys not to be within eight inches of each other?! That woman is so intolerable.." I hissed.
"Oh my god, could you stop talking about how much you hate that woman for 5 minutes?? We have it the best for once!" Blaise tried to reason.
"For once? What more could you rich snakes want?" Ron butter in as we passed him.
"Don't." Blaise warned me.
I took a deep breath, and Blaise smiled at my act of maturity.
"We want your older years to stop issuing our first years as plungers!" I yelled back.
"You're the ones that look at us like we're all vermin!" He didn't hesitate to yell back.
"It's cause you are!"
"You grew up just like your sister, so does that mean evil is genetic?" Ron asked.
"Your little insults don't affect me. You've never treated me with any form of kindness, so your worth is equal to that of a rotten tomato." I said with a smile.
And he had the audacity to push me. Full on, two handed push to my shoulders.
"Did you just push a girl??" Beth, who was passing, said.
"Oh please, she's hardly female."
I cringed at the word 'female' and readied my scarred fist.
"And you're hardly able to get food, so.." I crossed my arms instead.
"You-" he lunged for me, but instead was hit to the ground with a thud.
"I think you might need to see the nurse.." Jeremy said with a grunt as he lifted Ron from the floor.
The same boy he just decked in the face.
"Don't lay a hand on my baby cousin, you woman hitting bastard." He lowly ordered as he led him down the hall.
"Yes, Professor! She was attacked!" Blaise yelled as Jeremy passed them with Ron. "She defended herself to..." he continued as they rounded the corner, Draco coming from the corner in front of me.
He panted as he stood in front of me.
"Hey, guess what-"
"I'm so sorry!" He whisper-yelled before pushing me to the floor, then crouching beside me. "Stay down.."
"Oh dear! What did she do to provoke him?" Umbridge said as I laid there with my eyes closed, still rolling them under my eyelids.
"She was talking about the new rules and he began to argue out of nowhere! Professor, Weasley sounded like he wanted to hurt you and she went to get you so he pushed her!"
My head hurt from getting literally pushed by my boyfriend, but my head hurt more for the stupid reason.
But, she did believe them somehow, and for the first Friday, I was in the infirmary and not detention.
---
"(Y/n). I'm going to ignore the fact that you supposedly sent my best friend to the infirmary, and I'm here to get you."
"Harry, what?" I asked.
"Practice. You haven't told anyone, have you."
I'm a liar.
"No, I haven't."
"Good."
Then, a secret room apparently.
And for the love of all, Christina looked me dead in the eye as she held out her wand.
I was the only one from my house there..
"Chris!" I whispered as everyone stared silently.
"I didn't know they'd invite you, okay?!" She said and I scoffed.
"Well??" I began to grow tired of people staring.
"We're learning our patronus! Harry will-"
"Oh, this?" I interupted as I pulled my wand out and wordlessly did the spell.
A big blue bunny hopped around in the air.
"How'd you-"
"When Theo tried you teach us? She said I was close and we continued after dark. She said I was a natural."
"A bunny rabbit?? That's ironic!" Ron said with a black eye.
"Luna and you have the same patronus?" Christina asked with doubt, and her creepy underclassman friend spoke up.
"Actually, (Y/n)'s patronus is a lop dwarf species. I have a wild hare. Similar, but different."
"I see.. a dwarf rabbit for the girl who gave Ron a black eye!" One of the younger Gryffindors said.
"Right.. now if this was all the lesson is, then I'll be-"
"You could help teach?" Hermione suggested.
I stopped. "We won't get caught?"
"If you don't snitch." Harry replied.
...
"Wands up! Think of something happy, funny, even a person." I yelled.
Flickers of blue cane from everyone as they shouted.
"Chris! Ice skating!" I yelled, and a smile instantly came to her face.
"Expecto-" she was interrupted by her patronus, a big sea turtle gliding through the air.
"Perfect!" I called out.
"Ah, Kade?" I asked a Ravenclaw. "I remember you and your boyfriend Bradley were the ones that turned all of the food in the great hall invisible for a week straight. Was that fun?" I asked, and his face lit up.
A hufflepuff boy stood next. "Skylar?"
He nodded nervously, a blush on his face.
"I love the paintings you have hanging outside the kitchen." I said, touching his shoulder.
An hour later and a complete show up to Harry, every student at least got to see their patronus, but one of my biggest secrets was out.
I don't like asking questions, obviously.. but I don't live my life in the dark like some moron.
I observe. A lot.
Not like how Christina's creepy ass can practically wedge herself into your head and steal your thoughts, but in a more detective way.
Or, in an emotionally neglected as a child way.
I left that day with a sense of purpose, something I'd lacked.. since forever really.
Doing this was a good thing, and it made me feel almost as good as winning.
And speaking of, we had a game this Wednesday, with the pushiest little red head in place of his much more skilled and classy friend.
And opposed to him, was a boy who had a knack for winning as well, but a bigger knack for revenge.