49. Furious

"He called Blaise and I! We were picked to show the others to dance!" Chloe repeated as she sprawled on the common room rug.
"Has that boy asked you yet?!" Simon asked as he downed a bowl of peanuts.
"Well, no.."
"Ugh!" Simon shoved a handful in his mouth and kept walking.
"Any news from your boyfriend on operation turtle?" I asked Chloe.
She scoffed and shook her head.
I cursed under my breath.
I needed to make Hermione pay for being such an incompetent asshole, and if he didn't ask me...
damnit.
But if he doesn't ask me, he doesn't like me, right? So, what was he talking to Antonio about?
I began to doubt myself, and I became blinded my the realization that there's no way that Draco would ever like me.
"There you two are! Why weren't you at study hall?" The boys came in, followed by Donna and Pansy who looked weirdly suspicious as they whispered.
"I was irrationally angry today, and Chloe is my emotional support."
"Like usual." Blaise groaned as he sat next to Chloe on the couch.
"Why were you angry this time?" Donna asked.
She knew why...
Oh god, don't tell me they were-
"I'm gonna rip that girl's face off."
Draco turned and looked at me, confused.
I looked away, and I had no idea why.
Theodore chuckled, and held his breath, making his cheeks red to mock me.
"Granger didn't want her going with Viktor Krum because she said that 'she cared about (Y/n)'s happiness' and then they're going together."
"Well that's garbage." Blaise commented. "Didn't she say that you can't go with any of us either?"
Oh, they planned something and Chloe so had him in on it.
"She tells her disowned sister to not go with a slytherin? Bet she meant ferret boy over here." Even Theodore was in on it, great!
"Shut up.." Draco rolled his eyes, sitting in the empty spot on the couch.
"I mean, she punched him, of course she's not a fan.."
Jesus, Blaise needed acting lessons.
"Alright, I get it!" He stood up. "(Y/n), we're going together? Yeah?"
I sat on the rug, frozen. "Mhm.."
"Well, then we'll need a plan."
--
"Why are you still angry and sad?" Chloe asked.
"Hm?" I hummed, confused as I sat up.
"When your head hits a pillow you're usually dead asleep. You're overthinking something." She replied, and Donna rubbed her eyes.
"How'd you know I was even awake?" I questioned.
"You move around so much we thought you sleep-danced." She explained, and I blushed. "But why are you so sad?"
"I don't know, really." I decided to admit. "I'm all for destroying Hermione, but I guess I just expected to be asked to my first school dance more-"
"Magical?" Chloe finished for me.
"Mhm."
"Well, I heard that Chris has been scheming with your date about how to get things stirred up. She even got Jay and Theodora to pull a crazy stunt because they wouldn't be here for the backlash."
---
"I do not approve of this..." Jay pouted.
"Shut up, this is the only way that leech reporter is gonna put this in the paper." Christina jabbed her brother as they waited around the corner.
"But Drakey! I've loved you for so long!" Theodora cried out as they stormed out of a bathroom.
"You mangily woman! I told you I don't love you!" Draco cried back, and I had to physically smack myself to not laugh.
"Why!? I've given up Jason for you! For us!" She grabbed at his arm, and the crowd was deep at this point.
"There's another, Theodora.." he dramatically paused and I stopped smiling over how into his role he was.
What a dork.
"Who?! Who could possibly come before me?!"
It was my queue to burst through the crowd.
"It's (Y/n)!" He called, and I stopped moving, as rehearsed. "I'm going to ask her to the ball, I'm sorry, alright?"
"Oh, D-" I began, trying not to laugh before I got interrupted.
"I never wanted you, or anyone else. It's been her since before I knew her name, since she looked at me like I was a person, not below her, and not some untouchable force. She saw me as me, and I'm finally ready to show her how much that meant to me."
Christina grasped her brother's shoulder.
"Damn, you're a good writer!" Jay laughed out, and Christina grasped the paper in her hand.
"T-that wasn't in the script..." she blinked rapidly.
"Y-You mean that?" I followed with my lines, unable to think straight, hands shaking as my mind fogged up.
He looked at me with a pleading expression, and in a voice too quietly said,
"Every word.."
My feet stumbled slightly as I followed the next part.
He took a step back as I wrapped my arms around him suddenly, the sound of a camera clicking.
He reached out and pulled me closer, and an overwhelming scent of home hit me.
He still smelled like home.
---
We were all getting ready, because tonight was the night where everything goes perfectly, or goes completely wrong.
Ivy green, just to shove it in her face.
The gown reached the floor, crystals embroidered into the fabric, and a silver snake band spun around my upper arm.
The paper came out just before class ended for the day, and I'm sure Hermione was already furious.
She should be.