♡ iwaoi - sleepover ♡

~°oikawa toru's pov°~

the bell rings and im pulled from my thoughts. todays friday, what better a day to ask my longtime crush and best friend to join me for a sleepover tonight?

i quickly collected my stuff and made my way towards iwazumi, who was packing his supplies in a less rushed manor.

"iwa-chan, iwa-chan!"
he groaned in annoyance, but looked up at me anyway.

"wanna have a sleepover today?"

"eh, sure. why not?"

i cheered and we made our way to the front gates, walking toward my house. i, of course, had a skip in my step and danced my way around, while iwazumi walked along as usual, although he did seem to be a little happier today.

as we entered the house, we set our stuff in the living room and climbed the stairs to my room. instantly, we flopped on the bed and sighed. i giggled at how near we were to being in sync.

"so, did you have anything planned activities-wise?"

"nope!"

iwazumi sighed again, pulling out his phone, probably texting his mom or something.

"i know! the great toru oikawa has the best sleepover activity idea!"

"and what would that be, oh great king?" i giggled and ignored the pure sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"weeelllll! this great idea is.. drum roll please!"

iwazumi rolled his eyes and proceeded to slap my arm many times. i call that the worst drum roll in history.

"ouch! ugh, anyway. we should build a blanket fort!"

iwazumi laughed and i swore i had a heart attack. it was the sweetest thing ive literally ever heard, i kid you not.

"oh - like we did as kids! i didnt know you were so sentimental, crappykawa."

"yeah, yeah. whatever. is it a deal or no?"

"fine. im in."

it might be my eyes deceiving my poor heart but i swear he's blushing - just a little but its the cuttest thing ever.

we began with taking the teal sheets of my bed and setting them in place with textbooks. my bed was rather large, but didn't make the largest of roofs.

pillows and blankets were stuffed in every corner possible, and every inch of wall space was covered by pillows.

it took us about an hour to set the whole thing up, including the sevral times it fell and we had to pick it back up. of course, iwazumi always blamed me for knocking it down, but for the record, the last time it fell down was totally his fault. of course i didn't call him out for it - im not really looking to get another punch.

all said and done, it barely fit the two of us and we were slightly squeezed, although we could still breath and shuffle around a bit. it was definitely not the same amount of space it provided when we were half the size, although even then we still liked to cuddle up together for warmth.

"crappykawa, do you still have a pair of my pjs here?"

"hm, oh yeah. they're over in the top drawers next to mine. while you're at it, could you grab mine for me?"

i watched him crawl out of our tent and make his way over to the tall white dresser opposite of my bed. iwazumi being iwazumi, he had to make fun of the alien figures and novels on top of it, even though he's seen them so many times before.

he pulled out a pair of pj pants with a black and red buffalo plaid, throwing my teal alien matching top and bottom set at me.

"thanks iwa-chan! if it's okay with you, i will change in here and you can use the bathroom. yeah?"

he mumbled a 'sure' and entered the bathroom, shutting and locking the door.

ive always known iwazumi to be a slow changer, so once i was done, i decided to lay on the floor about a foot away from the fort, stare at the ceiling, and question reality.

do i want to ask iwazumi out tonight? if he declines, it might make everything awkward and thats the last thing i want to do. if he says yes, then it still might be awkward! all those stupid girlfriends were never real relationships and i didn't learn anything from them. oh, what if he doesnt want ro date me and dumps me because i dont know what im doing? what if,

"oi, crappykawa. snap out of it. you're starting to freak me out."

i felt myself flush and i averted my eyes.

"sorry about that, iwa-chan. i just got a little but zoned out."

"yeah, yeah. lets move on and go eat. i'll order pizza, the usual?"

"mhm. sounds great!"

he nodded and walked over to his phone, dailing 'the best pizza ever'. it was a cheezy name but they had the best pizza, plus the workers were friendly and already had a memorized order for iwazumi and i.

we chatted at the counter for a while until the doorbell rung and i had to get up to get the pizza. i thanked the delivery guy, and brought the warm box and 2 liter of pepsi inside. its never a good idea to have caffine before bed, but when have good ideas ever mattered to me? never.

iwazumi grabbed a 3 slices and i poured him and myself a huge amount soda into teal mugs.

"geez. you really like teal, huh."

"well, yeah. its our team color plus i looked hecka hot in it, don't you agree, iwa-chan?"

"yeah sure whatever. its just everywhete in your house. this is what we call an unhealthy obsess on. "

i tried to ignore the fact that he bassically agreed that i was hot in teal, but i couldn't fight the blood rushing to my cheeks.

oh, screw it. yolo, right?

"you know what i have an even bigger obsession for over teal?"

he looked confused. "thats impossible."

i stepped back and pulled my best smug face even though i was practically dying inside.

"you."

at this point, we were both a blushing mess.

"not as much as im obsessed with you."

woah.

"wait, that was cheesy. forget i said that, i never said that, that's not somthing i would say you're hearing things. nope. not me. "

after were done staring into each others eyes for a good 41 seconds, we started laughing lile crazy.

"in all seriousness, iwa-chan, will you be my boyfriend?"

"cut the cheesyness crappykawa. and yes, i will definitely be your boyfriend. "

the rest of the night was filled with smiles and giggles, and when we finally feel asleep at 2 am, we were peacfully cuddled into the fort with loads of blankets pilled on top of us.