Chapter 1: Taste of Blood

Warning: this chapter contains injuries, mild blood, and Death, you've been warn.

Just another day, waiting and watching the sun rise overhead with the breeze making the tall grass sway like the waves of the ocean not to far off to the east of here. Dream looked off into the distance seeing a ruin village not to far away, maybe there's some good loot or it could just be a disappointment like the last village as that place was barren of any goods. Keeping his eyes on the village to see if he could spot a potential blacksmith or something good from where he stood to only be shoved by one of his friends.

"George!" Dream yelled as he shot a glare at his friend to only see him laugh.

"What? I didn't do anything" George said with a laugh.

"You shoved me!" Dream said as he looked at George.

"No I didn't" George said even though he did, he didn't want to admit it though.

The two argued about one shoving the other while the other two friends showed behind them, Bad and Sapnap or Sap for short. Dream crossed his arms taking a glance at the ruin village not suspecting much to come from it even though this particular area was thriving with grass, hey at least some plant life was thriving through this harsh world but Dream cared for the safety of his friends and survival in this harsh environment. Avoid other groups of people due to the possibility of being killed by them or having a friend die becuase of the group, and not to mention the monster's here, God those where the worst.

"So another village?" Sapnap questioned seeing the village in the distance causing to get Dream to snap out of his thoughts.

"Apparently so, but I wouldn't get my hopes up since it could just be like the last one. Barren" Dream said as he tilted his head while looking at Sapnap.

"Well what are we waiting for you muffins, let's start making our way over there before some sneaky muffin takes the stuff." Bad said with his cheerful attitude as he propped both of his arms on Sapnap and Dream's shoulders since they where close.

With no rebuttal the four headed off to the ruin village, Dream lead the group as George and Sap kept watch of any incoming threats while Bad sung a goofy song narrating what the four did. Dream rolled his eyes as he listened but he had a bit of a smile on his face. The four drew closer to the village until George told them to get down and that what they did, hiding within the tall grass as voices could be heard in the village. Sapnap peeked up to see if he could catch any sight of where the voices where coming from but ducked back down so he wouldn't get spotted.

"See anybody?" George whispered as he looked at Sapnap.

"Not yet" Sap said under his breath seeming to be a bit on edge.

"What it we cause a distraction, like, uh, throwing a rock to lure them out." Bad piped in with a whisper already holding a rock in his hand.

The three looked at Dream to get his response on the idea, but he seemed to be distracted himself as he was looking at the ruin village to see someone or some people walking around. Bad was going to say something but Dream hushed the group as a figure peered out from one of the ruin houses in the village. Dream continued to watch the figure to see they wore robes of sorts, kinda like a generic cult outfit, Dream could also see that they had a bow with a few arrows tuck away in a quiver on their back, but they where holding a dagger in their left hand which was wrapped up in bandages. Sapnap now looked up seeing six people in this group as they wore the same robe like outfits. The four of them was outnumbered by the group of six in the village.

"No hope. Four vs six isn't the best idea." Sapnap said ducking back down into the grass.

"I guess we sneak on out of here?" George asked lower his head as adjusting the quiver on his back which held no arrows nor a bow.