Chapter 99: A Dead Man

Sharp breaths would slow as claws reached out hungry for blood, heats would thump loudly with intensity as the sound of a gun clashed to the ground before sliding across the stone floors towards the crew. Dream roared out baring his teeth and fangs as he went for Hero's throat with his claws. Hero ducked and dashed out of the way with a bothered frown on his face knowing this was going to be a battle for sure. The shadows hissed and screamed out as the crew escaped them as Tapl dove for the gun knowing a sword will apply only slashes and cuts on the shadows as a golden axe blade swung through the air cutting through the shadowed latchers until the darkness begun to take the form of the group.

Aphasic took to the skies as the roam allowed for such flight to be had as a shadow version of Aphasic followed after him. "They're just mimicking us....this isn't fair!" Zelk snapped before throwing off a shadow version of himself as these shadows were becoming more physical than ghostly entities. The shadows hissed as they all lashed out but the group could only counter it as it was just a back and forth match. These shadows were growing unpredictable each second. Tundra looked up before having his hands light up as wisps appeared around him before they spiraled out of control creating a ring of blue flames as the shadows avoided him.

"Light, something...just....Sapnap, burn this place to the ground!" Tundra shouted knowing the flames will eat these shadows alive and kill them off, "Olympus, Sapnap, any of you two just light this place up...its arson time!" Tundra added before defending Fundy and Wilbur from a shadow Catharsis who recoiled from the light as the rings of wisp flames spiraled around in the air as Tundra smuggly grinned, such an easy flaw to spot.

"That doesn't seem like a good idea!" Fundy said but he flinched "It's a great idea!" Wilbur called out, "Just keep the flames under control!" the words would continue as darkened blood would spill onto the ground as the shadows took a full physical form. Shadow Wilbur hissed at the real Wilbur as the two clashed with swords hoping to end a life tonight but Wilbur had a few tricks up his sleeve as he got out of the way entering the Amalgam form he was given by taking in the blood of a leviathan. The shadows noticed the form and Hero became alert to it but there was no way to stop it from happening as he's attention was on the monster before him.

"I'm going to kill you, I'm going to break you, break every fucking bone in your body" Dream snarled as his eyes gone snake like as he tilted his head to the side with a wide bloodlust of a smile as anger seeth from it with smoke. Dream had no care in the world, he became reckless as rage took over his mind, this wasn't him, this wasn't their way to act. Reckless and destructive with the burning rage to kill Hero.

"Don't you wanna be free, free from this madness!" Hero laughed, "You know this is Paralysis's fault, all of this madness is...killing him will free you....don't let him win, this'll only bring forth doomsday for all of us!" Hero said with a twisted smile carving itself onto his face as his pure white eyes glowed with a sadistic nature, "everyone you love and care about will all die if you continue this path Dream, look at yourself, are you really going to let a monster take over your life, a monster waiting to kill you and your friends" Hero added with a mocking tone of voice staring Dream down, but Hero smirked knowing he struck a nerve within Dream, but Dream just smiled back which made Hero unnerved slightly.

Dream just started to laugh, and he only laughed as it devolved into a psychotic wheeze as there was a crack from his spine as his eyes lit up with a neon green glow, a smile known to harvest blood and souls made its way onto Dream's face as he looked the Hero in the eyes. Hero stared back, seeing flashing images pass by his eyes, seeing nightmares, seeing the evil, seeing the nightmares this man has caused. It was already too late. "You're Insane! Why did you Dream, Why!" Hero snapped, forcing Dream to step back.

"To become Whole~" Dream's voice echoed as he step back again towards the pits behind him, "Call me insane....That's what I am" Dream said as he chuckled as stones fell into the pit, "to become whole is what is planned....the prophecy must be finished~" Dream said with a hiss to his voice as if his tongue was forked like a snake's. "And you're just the final piece!" Dream snapped as he went for Hero, but the man was foolish enough to block the attack. The breaking of bones and ripping of flesh echoed through the room but a knife pierced the shoulder of the monster getting it to recoil with an arm in its mouth. Dream looked up with demon eyes as blood ran from the torn arm and his mouth, but it came to an end eventually with the shadows tackling Dream into the pit to take him out, Dream yelled out but it faded as it was taken into the void following in Paralysis' footsteps. Everything was just unfolding around everyone but only one saw the end.