Chapter 12: What If?

Warning: contains gore, and swearing.

Birds chirped over head as they perched on the roof or trees around the cabin as the sun rose over the horizon making the sky all so colorful with reds, yellows, blues, and even purple if one paid close addition to it. Everyone was passed out around the cabin, even if all the recliners and sofas where hogged up, well at least someone didn't mind sleeping on the floor as they had giant hog creatures laying around him like dogs. Dream had woken up before everyone else as his vision was slightly red before having it fade away moments later, Dream moved his hand feeling it brush up against someone's hair, it felt short to the touch but Dream curled his fingers as he had a moment to think.

"Of course it had to be you, damn it George, I'm not a pillow!" Dream hissed in his mind as he laid his head back down on the sofa arm as he felt the two phantoms moving around as they laid close to his chest and shoulders and his movements disturbed them. Dream huffed as his arm dangled off the sofa since he couldn't do much or even move due to the weight on him. He just had to wait for George to wake up, but Dream felt a sudden curiousity so he moved the hand closest to George just to touch his skin. It felt warm to the touch as just beneath it was a warm red sap.

Dream's lip twitched before a grin found a way onto his face as he delicately rubbed his fingers along George's skin, watching him shiver by the touch but George remained sound asleep throughout all of this, but Dream eventually stopped seeming to snap out of this strange daze of his. Dream looked over at Sapnap who was barely visible as he was hidden under a blanket which he clung to in his sleep as he was curled up a recliner, his hair a ruffled up mess and his bandana hanging off the arm of the recliner. Dream flinched due to one of the hog creatures snorting which made Techno wake up.

"Morning." Dream said catching Techno's attention.

"Hmm? Oh yeah morning...." Techno said with groggy voice before looking at Dream tilting his head to the side, "Stuck?"

"Eh, kinda" Dream said before shrugging which got the phantoms to wake up and with the phantoms waking up caused George to wake up slightly.

"Why look who's finally awake." Techno said but George ignored him.

"Give me another hour" George mumbled laying his head back down as Dream let out an annoyed little sigh of defeat.

"Well good luck getting up, Dream." Techno said as he snickered before flinching due to his hoglins snorting at him.

Dream shook his head, he knew he could easily push George off of him, but something burrowed deep into the core of his mind. A glimmer of a glowing green flashed in his mask which no one had noticed this time as he remembered something in the past. The taste of crimson sap from his friend, George. Dream snapped out of his memories as more people woke up. The phantoms flew to the back of the couch perching up on it before watching Endie walk around looking annoyed as the spider the group, well that Bad befriended was clinging to Endie's leg. Dream just watched before having his vision blur on him watching everything fade to black as figures passed in front of him.

~~~~~~

"He's been out for hours now...should we wake him up." Sapnap questioned glancing back at the sofa where Dream slept.

"I know he was awake earlier, I spoke to him hours ago, but I can assume he fell asleep again." Techno said looking at his hunting knife seeing his smiling reflection in it through the blood stains.

"It's best not to wake him." A6d said looking up from a document he was reading.

"And why's that?" Techno said touching the tip of the knife to his chin as he had a crooked smile on his face.