Chapter 84: Uncertainty

"So another nightmare I guess, I mean you were trashing rough like a wild animal with the previous of times this has happened~" Paralysis' voice hummed as he was a distance away from Dream who looked tired even though he woke up not too long ago, Paralysis waited for a response as his tails would twitch and individual sway around impatiently as if Paralysis didn't want to wait, but he eventually heard a voice.

"But those nightmares were centered around me losing my friends and watching my friends die around me in horrible ways that I could never get them back." Dream said as his greens eyes were taken off of Paralysis, "but i shouldn't have to worry, I can heal them, I could just bring them back to life, we both can heal them right?" Dream added before tensing as he felt a claw right under his chin that made him look up into a bright neon green eye, "yet I can't forget the other nightmare I had..."

"Losing me?" Paralysis questioned as Dream nodded before showing a face of pain as tears formed in his eyes as he recalled the nightmare from nights before.

"I don't know why but that nightmare had broken me, I thought it was real, I thought you were actually gone and that I could never get you back, I couldn't heal you or anything of the sorts, I could only watch and weep, I...." Dream was cut off as the cold form embraced him as sharp claws went around him.

"There's no need to worry, Clay~ you're safe, I can promise that, nobody will hurt you or your friends. I'll keep you safe~" Paralysis spoke up with a sweetened voice that sent shivers down Dream's spine as Paralysis moved back "I'm here and that's all that matters, I'm safe from harm and so are you, Clay~" Paralysis added as he opened his arms while he spoke with a shrug, but that shrugged tensed before dropping to a slouch as his hands where gently paced on the shaky body that latched onto him, "Dreamie, please...." Paralysis huffed before picked Dream up seeing the man tense up, "you've forgotten that I'm like 2ft taller than you right, and much more stronger" Paralysis said as he raised his eyebrow while looking at a frightened Dream, "now if i were an asshole I've would of thrown you across the room, but I'm not...you need hugs~" Paralysis chirped at the end as his arms ensnared Dream in an oh so need hug.

Dream's response was muffled by the black hoodie he buried his face into as he hugged Paralysis, Dream's legs still hung in the air before he moved them getting them around Paralysis' waist, but Dream felt like something was wrong, like he wasn't sure of what was happening anymore as the chaos peeled away at the seams of this world, Dream just wanted his friends safe, Dream wanted his Paralysis safe.

"I just don't want to lose you Pary" Dream spoke in a small tone to somewhat break the silence as his face was hidden by Paralysis' neck as Dream had his arms around it, "I'm just scared that I'll lose you in this world" Dream admitted, "I'm scared to lose everyone and everything, I just want to keep everyone safe." Dream added with his shoulders shaking as he thought about it.

"Clay~" Paralysis only said to calm the man down, "I would never leave you, I'm always here with you" Paralysis added with a hum with a light smile on his face before it slowly peeled away revealing a twisted bloodlusting smile with an odd gentleness to it.

"ᔑリ↸ ||𝙹⚍'ꖎꖎ リᒷ⍊ᒷ∷ ꖎᒷᔑ⍊ᒷ ᒲᒷ~"

~~~~~~

Screams rushed through the halls as each of them where incoherent as many woke up in a panic, Wilbur clutched his chest before perking up hearing a loud thud hit the floor and the blankets being yanked away falling to the floor as a great dane sized Catharsis groaned in pain as the scream frightened him awake scaring him out of bed and now onto the floor where he laid wrapped up in the blanket.

"Cath...are you okay?" Wilbur asked sliding one leg off as his foot touched the floor as Catharsis sat up transforming into his human like form as he held the blankets close to him, the orca man just looked annoyed but mostly tired as the scream did wake him.