Chapter 27: Depths of Red

Warning: contains mild blood and injury

Paralysis eventually got back planting a red vine into the ceiling and sliding down it as he rejoined the group seeing that most of them where asleep on the ground or using each other as pillows, Paralysis was a little disappointed that there loyal creatures didn't follow them but his disappointment changed as he thought that the creatures got lucky that they didn't have to deal with this hell.

Paralysis walked over to the group and lowered his mask to show his face seeing Dream was still awake and Paralysis came over to him and sat down by him crossing his legs cupping his hands in his lap, "so they all fell asleep?" Paralysis said as he looked at Dream.

"Yep, may as well, there's nothing else to do and this day has been tiring enough" Dream said cracking his knuckles.

"So much pain and chaos, I guess it'll only continue until we escape this hell~." Paralysis said as he looked over at Sapnap moving his hands out of his lap and tapping his claws on the ground.

"I guess so, and hey, I have a question for you." Dream said as he looked at Paralysis.

"Hmm~ what is it" Paralysis hummed as he looked at Dream as many eyes opened up on his face.

"Are you only taking our blood so when we do die you can rebuild our bodies so perfectly like nothing happened to begin with in the first place?" Dream asked seeing Paralysis look away and lower his head.

Paralysis chuckled "that's only one piece to the puzzle~ there's so much more that meets the eye~" Paralysis cooed as his many eyes opened up as he held up one finger, "three more to go my dear Clay~" Paralysis hummed holding up three more clawed fingers.

Dream huffed and held his head up, "why must you make this so difficult." He uttered out as Paralysis laughed at him.

"Because, its amusing to me. Entertain me will ya~" Paralysis said softly as he looked at Dream.

"But is there like a reason to be doing so?" Dream said seeing Paralysis' emotions change as he blinked his eyes.

"Redefine and Perfect." Paralysis bluntly said looking at his hands befor pulling out a glass shard tossing it a side.

"That's a little ominous." Dream said holding his head up with his hand, "but go on."

"Its just like the scientist said, redefine this mistake's DNA to find what worked best to reuse materials that worked on me just to make something new and better, something perfect and stable, that being You" Paralysis said jabbing his fingers into Dream's chest, "you're lucky you didn't end up like me, a hideous creature that nobody wants around!" Paralysis snapped baring his teeth before hiding them again as he looked away taking back his hand hiding his claws, "I just wanna to be perfect, but I fucking can't! What's the point if I'm just going remain as a mistake no matter how much blood I take, I'm a fucking freak.....a freakshow...." Paralysis uttered out cracking both of his shoulders before letting them slouch down.

Dream was going to say something before seeing Paralysis' shoulders dislocate, Dream moved back seeing blood run from Paralysis' mouth as his body moved inhumanely. Dream started to pull himself back carefully of his surroundings so he didn't bump into anybody. Paralysis looked at Dream seeing fear in his eyes. Paralysis lowered his head and looked away from Dream before getting up.

"Paralysis where are you going?" Dream said as he quickly got up to follow Paralysis watching him leap up to the ledge of the other cave entrance. Dream looked over at the red vines but he didn't find them useful even though they where useful, Dream's claws came out and he leaped up the wall using his claws to help him scale it as he got to Paralysis seeing him sat down by another ledge.