Chapter 66: I'm the Mistake

. . .

"I would have been better off dead you know~" the latcher spoke as they sat beside the bed where Skeppy laid, but Mitosis hissed as a hand touched the side of his head as he recoiled away from it "I should have been dead! I didn't expect to live this far in this god damn hell....I should have been dead from the start" Mitosis said but Skeppy poked at him again, "Stop It!"

Skeppy moved his hand away and he looked at Mitosis with half open eyes, "can you explain?" Skeppy said hearing the Latcher bellow in a displeased tone.

"Why should I, the voice will just hiss at me, you'll-" Mitosis went quiet biting his tongue making it bleed and he drank his own blood to fuel this human form of his, "you should've just ignored me. I'm not important~" Mitosis said as blood ran from the sides of his mouth, "and I never will be important..."

~~~~~~~~

Hisses and gargles of blood or some acidic substance gushed from the deformed creature that trembled on the cold ground. The creature shivered and shaked as its jaw was busted and its ribs were kicked into its lungs. The creature tried picking itself up but it was pushed back down by sharp talons that were connected to boots that cut its blue flesh.

"Pathetic" a person spoke, kicking the deformed creature across the cold tile floors that were covered with blue and red blood. The person held their arm as if it was bit by this creature that struggled to live.

The creature tried speaking back to repeat the word but the boot pushed its head to the floor, "I don't tolerate pathetic creatures like you." the person said, showing a sharp smile, "maybe i should just end you here, but I don't like quick merciful deaths, so suffer alone." the person said, taking their boot off and walking away from the struggling creature as its breaths were harsh.

The creature flinched as the door was slammed shut as all was dark in the room, this cold lonely room. The creature's arm and hand shook as it tried pulling the strange collar off but it couldn't get it off as the creature screeched in pain with its remaining breath as it laid limped on the blood covered floors.

The creature was excused from its fight, from its struggle with the ringmaster. Why did he latch onto this person, why, the cold was too much for this latcher to handle. The creature's eyes slowly shut as the cold took its hold on the splitting latcher.

~~~~~~~

"Mitosis, hey? You awake?" Skeppy questioned as Mitosis seemed to have gone still as his eyes were blank as well as his expression, "Mitosis?"

"Hmm? Oh, don't ask.....I can't see or the nightmares haunt me, latchers always have nightmares and never dreams, we don't feel joy nor can we be happy unless we found the right vessel to be with~" Mitosis said before sighing but it turned to a bellow as he reminded of what he done.

"So why did you call Paralysis a Mistake? You know he isn't one" Skeppy said moving his hand away knowing that Mitosis would snap at it if giving the opportunity to.

"Slip of the tongue as my mind tore and screamed at me, amidst a flashback as voices screamed at me, I had to snap...and my snapping got me in trouble....I should just be dead, you should to of just left me to rot....nobody cares about me, I don't need your pity, I don't need pity....I need to suffer...I need to bleed....Oh why must jealousy bite me~" Mitosis hissed and he looked away, "I should of been dead, I should of died in the past, but here I am, fucking breathing, I shouldn't be breathing at all~" Mitosis hissed once more placing a hand over his chest, "These ribs should be inside my lungs ripping them apart, but now my ribs are healed and reinforced with something, something powerful, something metal~" Mitosis added clutching the fabric of his hoodie, "I used to Pure...but now I'm Tormented and covered in chains~"