Chapter 88: Abandoned

"The note is ready and should be good to go to the hermits, at least i think it's good." Dream said looking over the note before shaking his head seeming to disapprove of it as if something was wrong or something didn't sound right about the note, Paralysis leaned in to look at the note skimming over it so quickly that he was done reading the thing in mere seconds, "It looks fine to me, everyones busying preparing, Antfrost is brewing potions for us, Sapnap probability burnt something or someone, Techno and I think Wilbur are sharpening the weapons we got...so on so forth~" Paralysis spoke as Dream slightly looked up before looking back at the note as the phantoms hopped around on the railing of the balcony trying to take the note, "No not yet, settle down you two" Dream hissed holding the note away from the snappy phantoms as they glared at him slightly.

"What about the other latchers, what are they up to?" Dream questioned hiding behind Paralysis away from the two phantoms as he still looked over the note, "the other latchers, busy talking to one another and preparing for a fight, a battle bound with blood shed for sure~" Paralysis responded before turning around staring down at Dream, "Look the notes fine dear~ the hermits will understand it easily, I don't think we should be wasting our time, there is danger waiting to be battled~" Paralysis said as Dream sighed handing the note off to one of the phantoms who snatched it and took off with it.

"Trust me, everythings perfect with the note, the hermits will catch on, don't worry dear. It'll be okay" Paralysis reassured Dream as they both watched the phantoms fly off into the shadows towards the female direction of the hermits base, but Paralysis couldn't help but worry as he watched the phantoms vanish into the trees. Now it was just the waiting game.

~~~~~~

The phantoms flew through the cold skies as they dipped and dove past branches as one phantom held the note making sure it wasn't damaged at all as their green eyes gazed upon the hidden base. The phantoms landed down before seeing the doors to the base where at a slant which the phantom wiggled on through the hole as they hopped down the darkened halls. The phantoms continued to hop around the halls before entering the main room as a foul smell filled their nostrils as they hopped up onto a table looking around. The phantoms saw the chairs knocked over and in a mess as papers and other items were scattered all over the place.

One phantom would coo to the other as the other would shrug in confusion as they looked around hopping from left to right of the table before seeing a dagger which they dove towards landing around it, the phantoms both tilted their heads as they saw a crimson coating on the dagger before screeching in fright as a crate crashed to the floor as glass bottles shattered inside the crate. The phantoms cooed out trying to get someone's attention if anybody was here, they did their best to mimic voices to call out for names but nothing showed up to give them attention. The phantom that held the note gently set it down before hopping off down a hall looking down the darken corridor only to see nothing but a mess of papers and webs, the phantom walked forward looking up and down, all around for any signs of life as the other phantom followed behind with a nervous twitch as the two journey the halls before stepping foot into something wet and clotted. The phantom looked down blinking before freaking out at the sight of blood, fresh blood almost as the phantom hopped away whipping its feet on the ground before looking at the small puddle of blood.

The second phantom looked up hearing a slight noise and quickly took off down the hall on a pair of wings before landing in the new room looking around for the noise as the other phantom showed up making a small hiss like sound as they both looked around the base before spotting something that slightly moved in the darkness, the phantoms could clearly see it thanks to their vision as they drew closer to the weak human form that was slouched up against wall looking dead and defeated. As the phantoms got closer they saw blood covering this person as a knife laid soundly on the floor coated in this person's blood as the beings fingers were tipped with blood. The phantom cooed and hissed at the person to see if they'd reacted as the phantoms hopped closer craning their necks like an owl as they lower their heads to look up at the person's face, the phantoms glowing green eyes widened seeing old lifeless eyes staring back at them. The phantoms backed off now in a panic as they looked at one another, this can't be, it can't be happening. The phantoms nudged and shoved the person in hopes for them to wake up, just wake up, please, just wake up. The phantoms stopped their actions as the cold lifely body of Cub slid against the wall and onto the floor with no signs of life within it as blood pooled out from his gut.