Chapter 2: Voices

Warning: Chapter contains Blood and Swearing

A new day came forth upon this apocalyptic land as the sound of distance birds chirped. The leaves above rustled in the breeze making some fall and drift to the grassy floor below. Three out of the four friends woke up to see the "Leader" passed out completely. One of the friends had a brilliant idea as he poke at the "leader" trying to wake him up.

"Ooh Dream, wakey wakey" a familiar voice said as Dream felt like he was being pushed or shaken.

"Hmm? Five more minutes" Dream groaned pushing away who ever it was away from him.

"DREAM!" The voice yelled getting Dream to jolt right up with his mask crooked on his face.

"GEORGE!" Dream yelled back shoving George away but was careful of his arm.

"George?" An unfamiliar voice said which made Dream tilt his head.

"Dream you alright?" Bad said looking up as he was rolling up his sleeping bag.

"Yeah...I'm alright" Dream said fixing his mask so it would rest properly on his face "just tired," he added afterwards.

Bad tilted his head noticing a small cut on Dream's chin as if he had fallen which was true, "Hey Dream, you have cut on you chin, did something happen?" Bad asked.

"Nothing that I can remember of" Dream answered as he felt the small cut on his chin "not sure what happened either, it just went dark that's all."

"Did you get attacked by anything by any chance, you said something about an enderman last night that you've encountered." Sapnap said seeing George and Bad freeze up.

"What don't they understand, such fools" the voice spoke again making Dream angry.

"Shut up!" Dream snapped making everyone flinched, Dream covered his mouth since he didn't mean to get hostile.

"Dream, seriously what is wrong with you." Sapnap said reaching towards Dream.

Dream snapped and grabbed Sapnap's wrist with his grip tight as ever. He looked angry as he looked up at Sap. George got Dream's hand to let go as Bad pulled Sapnap away before him and Dream fought.

"I'm I striking a nerve in you Clay" the voice hissed in Dream's mind as Dream got angry.

"Shut up, I said shut up!" Dream yelled as he stared forward.

George looked at Dream not knowing what to do with him as Dream covered his face I'm distressed as if something was bothering him, was it the lack of sleep, that's was everybody assumed it to be.

"Dream?" George asked gently placing his hand upon Dream's shoulder.

Dream had tensed, he didn't want to hurt George or anybody but whatever this voice was doing to him was making him hostile towards his own friends. Dream was quiet as he hid his face even though half of it was hidden under that mask of his. George spoke again trying to get a response but Dream never answered as he was to scared to speak fearing that this voice will hurt his friends.

"Dream, please talk to me" George said desperately as he could bare his friends silence, but Dream remained quiet which worried the group. They've never seen Dream act this way before.

George tried speaking again to Dream but stopped himself as he caught Dream who'd gone limp and unconscious. This had freaked out them out.

~~~~~

Dream open his eyes as he was surrounded by darkness but he could clearly see himself and himself again just in front of him.

"What the-" Dream was cut off as this other Dream covered his mouth with a tight grip that hurt really bad, he swore this other dream was going to break his jaw.