Chapter 5: The Cities

Warning: contains blood, mild injuries, and Swearing

The day turned to night as the team continued to walk the route the leader took, crossing a old bridge that was over a small river that zig zagged down through the forest vanishing off into the distance. The leaves rustled in the wind like that of a rattlesnake's tail which made one of the group members tremble at the sound. The groan of a zombie was heard in the distance but the team wouldn't dare go near it as a hoard could be near by. Dream hid most of his head under his hood as a few strands of hair hung out and twitched with his movements. The silence was deafening and it made a few of the group members dread for what came next. George glanced over his shoulder to see if they were being followed, luckily they weren't but that didnt stop George from bumping into Dream, he apologized for it and back off as Dream had stopped walking. The group stopped because of this as they all looked at Dream.

"Is their something wrong?" Sapnap asked as he shifted his shoulders a bit readjusting his backpack.

Dream didn't respond as he seemed focused on something else. The team looked over at the thing Dream maintained focused on as it shimmered in the moonlight. The item in question was wedged in between a few rocks but it stood out as it glistened as if had a metallic sheen to it. Dream approached the shiny object as the other followed close behind. With quick actions Dream snatched the object from the rocks and took a closer look at it. It was a very light blue shard of sorts or a fragment from something bigger and more dangerous, running a finger across gave the feeling that it was smooth yet it had very sharp edges, It could be used as a weapon if desperation came. Bad chimed in with a sound but went quiet keeping his thoughts to himself.

"What where you going to say Bad?" George said since he noticed Bad's sudden silence.

"Oh it's nothing, just a random little thought came into mind." Bad said waving his hand but it only made the others question him more which made him nervous.

"What thought, is it something we need to know or are you hiding something from us." Sapnap said walking towards Bad.

Bad looked uncomfortable as Sapnap drew closer to him,"It's nothing to w-worry about I promise." Bad said before yelping as he fell backwards onto the grassy floor.

Dream turned around and yanked Sapnap away from Bad. Dream frowned at this as he glared at Sap before holding his hand out to Bad to help him back to his feet. Bad took Dream's hand as he was pulled up into a standing position but he felt something go into his hands. Bad looked down to see the light blue fragment in his hands and he shivered a little bit by the sight of it but he felt a bit of hope deep down in his heart. George noticed Bad shiver at the sight of the strange blue shard, but that shard was quickly hidden away in a pocket.

"So what was that thing?" Sapnap said this time directing it towards Dream.

"Don't know, probably a scale from a dragon or a random monster, a stray probably. Why question it." Dream said with a chuckle just to annoy Sapnap.

"I just wanna know, theirs no way a stray would be all the way out here, and a dragon, are you out of your mind! A flipping dragon out of everything in this crazy world." Sapnap barked as he threw his hands into the air.

"I mean it's a possibility that it could of been a dragon, who knows what's now living in this world or what mutants or monsters we'll come across." George said which made Sapnap groan in annoyance.

Dream chuckled "he has a point just like that shard."

"Oh my God, just shut up. Let's just continue walking before who knows what shows up to kill us." Sapnap barked before trotting off taking the lead, Dream shrugged as George and Bad giggled, but as they followed all of them noticed the change in scenery as it transitioned slowly into a city. Over grown with plant life as trees grew out from the sides of buildings and vines that crept up the walls.