Chapter 23: Paralysis

Warning: contains self-harm, blood, and mild injury

The group eventually made it back to the cabin with their sneaky follower staying behind not wanting to be caught. When the group vanished indoors the sneaky creature trotted up to the door and waited right outside. Dream heard a faint whisper that notified him of this outdoor presence, "I'll investigate it later." Dream thought back to the voice before he looked at his friends seeing that some of them where on edge due to now knowing Paralysis' existence. Knowing that there was a blood thirsty beast within Dream.

"And I though I made it clear that there was a darker presence among the group...Hmm~ guess I'm to good~" Paralysis purred in Dream's mind.

"Sure you are" Dream said out loud causing the group to look at him, each of their eyes filled with worry and dread.

"Um who are you talking to, Dream?" Bad asked being careful with his questions.

"Paralysis." Dream said bluntly as he crossed his arms.

"Oh...." Bad said quickly going quiet before feeling an arm drape over his shoulder, it felt cold as if there was no life in it, Bad hesitated before looking to his left seeing a twisted smile and bright glowing green eyes. Bad freaked out getting away from a now manifested Paralysis.

"What can't I talk to Clay~" Paralysis cooed out before holding his hands up as if he where caught red handed, but Paralysis let his hands dropped to his sides as he walked over to Dream and circling around him like a shark before stopping by his side.

The group looked at Paralysis seeing how similar he was to Dream's appearance, but there was a slight difference as his hair was much more messy and slightly stained with blood, he was covered in wounds and scars from what was able to be seen, he had an assortment of things sticking out of his skin from glass to even sharp metal rods that punctured his flesh, his eyes where much more brighter and snake-like as they glowed a vivid neon green, his smile was much more harsh and twisted with rows of sharp teeth that where made to rip muscles straight off the bone, even his clothes was slashed up with holes and tattered fabric dangling down partially his darkened hoodie that wreaked of blood, but the most noticeable was the chains wrapped around his ankles, wrist, torso, and even neck that would drag or even rattle when he walked around or even slightly twitch. The group just stared at this twisted version of Dream but little did they know there was much more that meets the eye when looking at Paralysis.

Dream rubbed the back of his neck with Paralysis noticing it immediately, Paralysis gently nudged Dream's arm to catch his attention to which Dream looked at Paralysis with a tinge of tiredness in his eyes before looking at his friends as he pulled his hand away from his neck shrugging his shoulders as he spoke, "so yeah this is Paralysis, just don't tick him off or blood will be taken" Dream said.

"Yeah we can see that" Tapl said as he looked into Paralysis' eyes seeing the thirst for blood in them.

"Oh~ you'll know what would be fun, what if you get your friends to draw sticks, the shortest stick gets their blood drawn~" Paralysis hummed as he looked at Dream.

Dream raised his eyebrow which made the group tense up with fear, "Dream don't...please don't agree with him." Spifey said slowly shaking his head no, he does not want any of this blood taken and the group couldn't agree more with him, but Dream was quiet.

"Dream please don't." Skeppy said raising his crystalized arm slightly as Paralysis looked at him with a devious grin.

"I'll think about it" Dream said glancing at a now annoyed Paralysis as the group sighed with relief.