Chapter 72: Reunited

Dust drifted away rolling along the grass as the hermits and the chaotic group stood around the structure that had collapsed into a pile of rubble. Tapl looked at the rubble then up where the dark vortex once was, he stared blankly having mere flashbacks to the killer vortex that took his friends away. The hermits looked at the chaotic group as a storm brewed overhead with a low rumbling of thunder as a flash of white hinted in the clouds.

"They have to be here, somewhere, they had to be brought to the other side of this world." Spifey said before flinching and Tapl barked with a shaking body.

"They're gone, I told you that already, there was no way in hell we would have been able to save them, we couldn't even get close to them!" Tapl snapped at the others as they were standing around the ruined structure, "there was some force field around the structure, this had to be cult in origin this had to be a trap to kill off some of us" Tapl said until Stalker grabbed his shoulder glaring at him with red eyes. Stalker shook his head side to side before releasing Tapl's trembling shoulder, "Gone, but returning~" Stalker only said walking back into the shadows.

"Returning?! How, you saw what happened, didn't you?" Tapl said looking at his latcher that stalked around in the shadows before leaning against a tree, Stalker nodded as he saw everything, but he knew the others were okay...Paralysis told him, Paralysis told every latcher not to worry, that's why none of the latchers reacted to what happened. No horror was found in the latchers' eyes nor sadness as those emotions were replaced by a neutral look.

"Why are you guys so calm-" George was going to question until he heard that familiar ear piercing screeching of the annoying bat latcher, "Why!" George snapped as he looked up to where the screech was heard as the hermits where affected by the screaming latcher.

Dream took off running followed by Paralysis as they knew where to go following Banshee's calling. The group didn't want to follow since they didn't want their ears to bleed but know Banshee and how he acted. This was a call to tell the others Tommy was in the area, just far away from the group, a call to tell that others had returned.

"I've got so many questions," Tapl said as he took off running with the group, dashing past the pained hermits as they haven't got used to the screaming latcher's calls, "Banshee!" Tapl yelled wondering if the latcher could hear him or not.

Dream rushed past the trees as branches flew passed his head, until his shoe collided with the mud sending his sliding across the forest floor, Dream caught himself and quickly got back to his feet before shouting back for the other to be a bit more careful than him because if he didn't stop himself he would of ran straight into a tree, Dream got to the area seeing a spear like tail swaying around in the air as Banshee was hopping around Tommy who looked slightly annoyed as he didn't want to come back and be screeched at by an over excited latcher.

"Chill out, I'm fine can you see that!" Tommy yelled at Banshee but the latcher screeched in his face, Tommy clamped the latcher's mouth shut to get it to stop screeching. Tommy looked over seeing a green hoodie wearing figure and he recognised it to be Dream as Paralysis stood right beside him.

Tubbo looked over at the two lovebirds but he didn't see the deadly stare that he saw before, maybe he was just imagining things as panic and fear overwhelmed his mind as the vortex took him, while the others got distracted by the rest of the chaos crew Tubbo had to confront Dream about what he saw to make sure it was just false imagings.

"Hey, Dream can we talk?" Tubbo questioned as he got Dream's attention as well as Paralysis' which was slightly bad as Paralysis was snappy towards others that drew too close to Dream, Tubbo was ready to defend himself if need be as Hivemind showed up close to them distracting Paralysis.