Chapter 95: Burning Candles

"Should we-" the voice ended on a short note as two figure took a few steps back knowing the danger before them, "It's best not to bother master and his mate, you know what will happen to us if he were to wake up right now, we'd have our guts out~" another voice respond before leaving the Gaia alone letting him rest with his mate out it the sun as the enderdragon lazily laid their in the sun alongside the two lovebirds. the sentinels knew that waking the Gaia would end with a bloodbath, their blood to be exact.

"Right, but should we, you know, just us two go around hunting down the Mythic and at least pinpoint their location." Archangel said walking alongside the other Sentinel before tilting their head to the side hearing the other speak.

"I already know where Mythic is located, me and Grian went there only to end up with him captured and corrupted by Mythic, If I showed myself our plans and master's plans would have been ruined. I'm not letting that happen so a sacrifice had to be made." Watcher shamefully admitted knowing the situation he threw Grian in just for his Master's plans to work. Watcher just shook his head as he crossed his arms knowing that the guilt would stay with him forever, Grian probably wouldn't be too happy to hear that he was just a sacrifice and a distraction for mythic so Master could get the elements needed.

"But, is Grian okay, has he been saved? Watcher?" Archangel questioned seeing that Watcher's emotions were fluctuating, "Watch are..." Archangel was going to say before seeing Watcher's eye wings close up.

"The guilt of the past consumes me and I can't escape it, my own dumb selfishness got a man injured because of it...yes Grian is safe, the sentinel have him at the Hold, I...I need a break from all of this Archie." Watcher spoke with shame in his voice as he looked away, "I cannot deal with the stress of all this, the clock is ticking down Arch, can't you see that, it goes tick and tock as the bodies drop, one by one more will fall victim to death...and Mythic will join them, he that the sands of his hourglass if slipping away as death draws near~" Watcher spoke with a hiss in his voice as it became bold but it died back down into silence, "what do we even do, we have four people lurking around the border of this sanctuary as they are too scared to enter it. You know that little group I'm talking about~" Watcher said changing the topic as Archangel just sighed.

"Finn, Vurb, Hyacinth, and Zelk?" Archangel spoke as they looked up towards the trees, "Where did you even find those four anyways?" Arch added as they looked back at Watcher who simply shrugged.

"Long story but I'll make it more understandable. Found those four in a city, stalked them a bit until one of them broke off from the group that was Zelk, we made some deals so he fell into my trap and made a deadly deal with me." Watcher spoke, "but I think I'll free him from the deal as time grows shorter, he's become useless to me now." the sentinel added before glaring at Archangel.

"They can still be useful if you play your cards right, what if we...sounds dumb but, what if we have them join our little group, more the merrier. Oh plus more chaos to ensue and more distractions for enemies eyes~" Archangel said, revealing their face to Watcher before the wings closed back up.

"But would they be useful, the group is already enough to deal with on its own, Master was easy to deal with but now since there's more of us in the group it kinda confusing yet terrifying to those who look upon the group, just seeing it...hehe...it makes me pleased that mortal minds are so easily controlled~" Watcher spoke with a fanged smirked before frowning knowing that isn't the case for this group in particular, no manipulation was at play, nor any mind control. Master actually managed to bond with people and form friendships yet time continued to slip away.

"Watch? Are we still in hiding?" Archangel spoke in a small voice while looking away as they held their arms, Arch's tail swished and swayed with nervousness and anticipation to hear what Watcher had to say.