Chapter 56: Not So Bad After All

Warning: contains mild injuries, and blood

Tubbo opened his eyes as he was on the gravel bank of a lava lake and he gasped in panic. Tubbo looked around and he looked at his body, his clothes were fine and his body was fine. Tubbo looked back, seeing the fortress but no group, his friends were missing. Why aren't they at the fortress that was slightly consumed by a red fog, did they give up on him, did they believe he was dead, maybe he was dead and was a ghost now.

Tubbo got up from the gravel and soul sand banks and he looked up, tensing as the creature stared down into his eyes as it sat before him like a dog, the creature was covered in fur besides for its tail, face, and segmented wings that were tucked close to its back like that of an insect. Tubbo backed up slightly back up as the gravel moved, getting pulled into the lava. Tubbo yelped as he was pulled forward away from the lava. He felt the creature's silk fur brush against his face as his head was by the creature's head as the lava bubbled and popped.

"Heh, I guess I'm going to become a cannibal as well?" Tubbo said just to get it out of the way as if he knew the Latcher's patterns, but he didn't as surprised smacked the back of his head.

"No~ I'm not like that, I do not force my vessel to consume flesh~" the creature spoke in a soft toned humming voice as its tail moved slightly as it heard the quiet cries of a ghast over head.

Tubbo took a moment to realize as if his mind was a loading screen before clicking as he looked up at the creature as it got up walking away on all fours, "Your friends are waiting for you~" the creature spoke as its wings twitched slightly.

"Wait, what, why?" Tubbo said as he followed the creature, but he soon started to realize this creature was not as hostile as the others, it was docile, very docile and calm.

"Not all Latchers act the same way~ we are not all monsters, we are your friends~" the creature said as it turned its head towards Tubbo.

"Does everybody get a Latcher?" Tubbo questioned walking besides the strange docile Latcher.

"Hmm~ interesting question, it'll be chaotic, but what do you expect from entities like us" the creature hummed before chuckling, "Latcher appear when they wanna appear~" the latcher said.

"That's cryptic." Tubbo said, crossing his arms looking away as the creature nodded its head as its golden and ebony black fur swayed around slightly and wings flapped about as each segment moved yet the wings would stretch out like an elegant swan in the sky, but these wings were insect in nature, they reminded Tubbo of a bee, oh how much he missed his bee companions.

"Of course it is, we are very cryptic when we speak, well when some of us speak with a cryptic tone~" the Latcher said looking at Tubbo, "but lets focusing on getting back to your friends, they're worried sick~" the Latcher added as it readjusted its wings.

~~~~~~

"Tubbo is dead, you saw what happened to him! You three could have saved him!" Tommy snapped as he glared at Toxicosis, Paralysis, and Bad.

"We tried to fucking save him, don't bitch at us bitch boy~" Toxicosis hissed rasing his head up.

"Why are you fucking screaming at us~ we tried going after him to save his ass and Bad was fucking stabbed in the back and now is infected by wither~." Paralysis snapped as he walked forward.

"Hey Language!" Bad snapped at the two Latchers as they let out low grubbling bellow in their throats. Toxicosis sat back down beside A6d as Paralysis stood besides Dream. Bad huffed as he looked at the crimson ground seeing patches of red grass.