Chapter 69: Missing Pieces

Monsters watched closely as their blood thirst appetites taunted them telling them to attack the new faces that swayed side to side looking ancy or timid to be even around this group of humans and experiments. The voices of the hermits sounded scared or at most worried as the mustached fellow held a torn dirtied up red cloth in between his shaking fingers. Paralysis watched closely as his eyes narrowed in on the cloth as his nostrils flared at the smell of it but all movement on his face was hidden under a blood stained mask that smiled widely at ones death.

"He hasn't returned in days, we all separated into small groups to search for Grian but we just can't find him anywhere, we searched the lands and all we got was this bit of fabric." Scar said as he looked towards the group and there towering monsters that acted like their shadows.

"Was he kidnapped or what happened before all this." Dream asked as his eyes slightly glowed but it wasn't too noticeable, Dream could smell Grian's scent on the bit of fabric.

"I'm not sure what happened, he just vanished one day and never returned, there was no mention of his whereabouts to us, I swear he's gone mad." Mumbo said seeing Paralysis and the other Latchers eyeing him as if they were ready to pull him apart.

"So nothing, his voice was never heard, did he leave at night where nobody would have seen him leave?" A6d said as Toxicosis drew closer slightly, still staring Mumbo down as if he was a threat. A6d moved his hand out blocking Toxicosis face as he could sense Toxicosis was ready to pounce.

"Nothing, not a single word was said nor written down anywhere, just silence" Iskall said before flinching as Banshee snapped at him until Tommy yanked on the chain around Banshee's neck to get the bat latcher to knock it off.

"So your winged friend said nothing to you~ why would that be, it seems to me he always mentioned where he was going to you guys but now he isn't? Is he being controlled by an outside force perhaps, What if the Wither got to him~" Hivemind said, getting the group to tense up.

"Maybe it was the Elder-Guardian, I remember those creatures tried taking hold of me but they couldn't since I fought back...but I'm unsure if a mortal mind can fight the hold of an Elder-Guardian's control~" Catharsis said looking at the group as his neck twitched so slightly due to his low bellowing voice, "but that doesn't add up either, I don't think you hermits live anywhere near an ocean and I'm not sure of the Guardians reach~"

"Was it the Mythic group we keep hearing mentions of~" Olympus said before seeing a blue writhing figure appear behind Skeppy.

"I could be, think of it, we know little to nothing about Mythic and now someones missing because of this cult stuff causing this chaos all around us, just look into the skies, you can see the wither storms already raging through the sky pulling up souls~" Mitosis said as everyone looked at him, Mitosis backed off away from the group keeping his distance as he felt like they didn't appreciate him standing so close, "Just saying~" Mitosis said putting his hand up as his six fingers opened up to show the palm of his hand.

Paralysis glared at Mitosis before looking away crossing his arms before adding something to the conversation, "Has any of your little groups found anything about the disappearance of Grian~ or was it just this puny little cloth strip~" Paralysis said glaring at Mumbo, Scar, and Iskall.

"No...we did find something new though" Scar said, "well Ren's group found it not us." Scar quickly added before backing away as the latchers eyes made contact with his. Scar could feel his soul wanting to scream as Tundra narrowed in on Scar.

Tundra looked away as Dream walked forward towards Scar, "what did Ren find anyways? Was it some sort of structure that belongs to these cults or is it something else?" Dream questioned but the hermits backed away from him. Dream recoiled as his lip twitch showing his sharpened teeth as his eyes quickly looked away.