Chapter 60: Into the Abyss

Warning: Survive Wilbur~

Nothing more then the blue sea and a lifeless body floating down peacefully as fish of many kinds scattered away as the body sunk further into the abyss below passing stones and a kelp forest as the man's clothes flowed through the water in a sway as a few fish followed closely before scatting into the kelp as seals swam by looking at the body with curiosity before fleeing the area like everything else.

The man opened his eyes as bubbles escaped from his lips as if he still had air left in his torn lungs as a huge lash stretched across his chest making blood flow free from it, his arms and legs broken from the times he was smashed into rocks and branches that slashed his skin like a sharpened iron blade, Wilbur looked up seeing the light slowly fade from his eyes as he sunk lower and lower into the ocean joining the abyss below.

Wilbur saw human figures surrounding him but he could see much detail; all he saw were silhouettes of their tails and fins that stuck to their heads, arms, and legs. The humanoids seemed to chatter and laugh in a strange tone and language. Wilbur couldn't understand them, he couldn't move either which made him scared of what was going on around him.

Wilbur was knocked out of the way and he shouted it pained but it was muffled as water filled his mouth, Wilbur looked at what attacked the fish people as giant jaws clasped around on of them as the behemoth dove down into the depths where blood rose up from the abyss. Wilbur couldn't swim away but he eventually blacked out as the guardian humanoids were taken out and eaten alive by the behemoth that slowly drifted towards Wilbur seeing his eyes open once more.

"Please....no.....please......don't...." Wilbur said in his mind hoping this beast wouldn't kill him, Wilbur tried lifting a hand to the beast before him but his felt stronger suddenly as his bones healed and went back into place, the Beast floated in front of wilbur for a while knowing it could easily kill this man in one bite, but the beast dove down before snatching Wilbur onto its dorsal fins. Wilbur with his new straight clung onto the black dorsal fins as he felt the water rush around him even though he was confused on why he hadn't drowned just yet. Then Wilbur thought for a moment....This behemoth was a latcher.

Breaching the surface of the ocean, Wilbur took in a breath of fresh air as his knees were against the creature's back as it moved towards the shore line. Wilbur leaned against the dorsal fin taking time to regain his breath after all the chaos of the day as he looked up seeing scars and hooks that held plastic on them.

"You're covered in plastic." Wilbur said as those he wasn't talking to a giant latcher he rode on top of for the time being as it traveled to the shores, he heard the creature make some sort of sound, he recognised that sound oddly enough, he recognised all too well as it belonged to an orca.

Wilbur looked for the patterns on this Latcher seeing it had white spots up close to its head as its jaw and underbelly were all white, but this thing was no orca even if it looked similar to it as water shot from a blowhole further up from the dorsal fin as chains where around the creatures body.

"What's your name?" Wilbur said as the creature perked its head up out of the water as it looked back at Wilbur giving the man a better look at its face as it raised up out of the water as it came close to the shores as Wilbur held onto the larger dorsal fin in the middle.

"My Name is Catharsis~" the low voiced behemoth latcher spoke lowering itself as Wilbur got off the orca like beast but he saw some shark features as well with lower fins on the creatures swaying tail.

Wilbur didn't say a thing as he looked at the large latcher seeing an orca pattern yet this thing was much larger than an orca and much more buckier then an orca and a great white shark combined, Wilbur wanted to back off but the leviathan before him seemed calm as it laid down with the shallow wave rolling up over the sands, but Wilbur flinched at the latcher hummed with a low bellowing.