Chapter 67: Blindfolds

. . .

Gold licked at the cold stone walls as a flame wavered and swayed in the air as small pebbles and rocks tripped and tumbled out of the way from grey shoes. The torch flames swayed as the small cold cavernous breeze came rolling in, a sharp yet fear driven breath escaped the lips of a daring man. Darkness enveloped the cavern as the person walked further in as bats hung from the ceiling hiding their faces in their wings. The person looked up at the bats but didn't dare to alert them as the warm flames continued to sway.

"Further~" the thousand voices whispered out, getting the man to tremble and shake as the duo continued to walk, seeing pillars begin to line the cave walls as loose feathers drifted down onto the stone floors where they were consumed by darkness as the light dived deeper into the cave.

"What's even here, why am I here? Why did you bring me here?" the man spoke with a shake to his voice as he held the torch out in front of him as the hungry flames glowed in his eyes.

"Reasons~" the thousand voices spoke as its hand gripped the man's shoulder as the black claws with a purple glossy reflection dug deep into the fabric and flesh. The man hissed in pain as he pulled himself away from the taller person that had no expression on its face, no eyes as they were hidden under a strip of torn fabric that was slightly stained with purple blood, but that symbol on the fabric gave the man the creeps.

"What reason? Why-" the man stopped as he looked towards the north wall seeing a stone mural, the man looked east then west seeing two more murals carved into the stone with skeletons next to them still wearing their old tunics that were dirtied and stained with blood. The man tried piercing the story behind the skeletons as he drew closer to the east wall, the man held the torch up to it seeing old blood on the murals. "What is this?" the man questioned seeing strange symbols painted in blood on the walls.

"Ancient tongue~ no mortal can decipher such tongue even if they tried~" the thousand voices spoke as the room lit up with a light blue glow as lanterns hung from the ceiling revealing more of the symbols and murals.

"Is this....your language?" the man asked, watching the taller distorting figure walk to the north wall taking something out from its satchel.

"Perhaps~ the tongue was meant to drive mortals to the brink of insanity and death~" the voices spoke placing a quartz orb into the centerpiece and backing away from the north mural as the orb twisted around as the mural pulled open, "but only a few can survive the tongue's distortion." the voices spoke as the man drew closer looking into the now opened mural.

The man stared down seeing more murals that told a story, the man walked down the hall looking at the murals as old papers swayed as the duo pulled in a breeze into this once lifeless hallway. The man looked at the murals as the lanterns above all lit up one by one as the duo passed by, the murals depicted of many battles of strange humanoid creatures, humans, and monsters fighting alongside each other or against each other, the murals grew worse and worse as depictions of a three headed creature tore through the land consuming the souls of all as humans where under the three headed creature praying and making sacrifices to it, the next mural showed a leviathan like creature with humanoids guardianing it as hurricanes and whirlpools tore through the oceans.

The man looked up at the mural at the end of the hallways seeing it was covered in bloody hand prints but the mural pulled away opening to a much larger room, the two entered the room as the stone doors closed behind them but the man walked out to the balcony looking over the lands seeing the chaos had already begun. He could see the large storm ahead as hurricanes spiraled far off into the distance, the sounds of thunder were faint as the clouds flashed with white.