Chapter 36: Eyes in the Water

Warning: contains gruesome scenes and gore

The forest seemed to sway as the group walked through it feeling the cool lake breeze come rolling in as the grass twitched with life. A rabbit perked up before darting off into the forest as the group passed by as the twisted creature loomed over everyone scanning over his surroundings with many watchful eyes. Dream looked ahead seeing bits of the lake come into his line of sight seeing the small waves rolling up onto the shores. The more the lake came into view the more eerie it became as bodies where washed up onto shore along side destroyed boats and canoes, planks of wood and other scrap from boats floated in the water seeming to drift even closer. Dream looked at the bodies seeing little bits of details but as the group walked out onto the shore Dream stared at the bodies seeing that they where torn up and heavily bruised.

"Should we look around?" George questioned as he looked at Dream waiting for his command.

"I guess...." Dream said approaching a body and looking at it more closely as he kneeled beside it.

"Told ya, sea monsters" Techno said crossing his arms.

"Or it could of been the storm." A6d suggested as he looked at Techno.

"I like the idea of sea monsters, not a measly storm." Techno scoffed as he looked away.

Dream rolled his eyes and flipped the body over seeing a massive hole in the person's chest seeing melted flesh around it as if something powerful tore them open. "I think we should be careful around here, something could be lurking around the corner." Dream said moving his hand away from the body before having it spring to life.

The corpse gargled out water and blood as it reached out to Dream trying to bite him, but Dream moved back as he watched the bodies begin to get up. Drowned. Dream got to his feet and his ready his claws as he backed up into Paralysis who also looked ready to fight. Bad yelped as a drowned came up out of nowhere going for his neck until Skeppy jabbed his claws throw the greenish bluish zombie ripping it in half.

"Thanks!" Bad said as Skeppy just nodded his head as an army of drowned came up from the lake reaching out to the team letting out gargled voices and sounds as they rushed in to attack. Sapnap swung the sharp metal pole at a drowned lashing its face open causing its jaw to dangle from bits of soggy flesh. Sapnap looked at the drowned seeing it wore a torn lab coat.

"Hey! We got some reanimated facility members!" Sapnap called out to the group as a drowned was thrown to the air by a hoglin.

"Well isn't that fantastic!" Tapl said as he threw a drown off of him as Mega shot it in the head hoping it would kill it but it got up attacking once more.

Dream bellowed and he ripped out an orange spike free from a drowned before stabbing it into its head repeatedly as the drowned dropped dead. Dream held the orange spike and he looked at it before shaking his head, no time to think as he ran to George slicing open a drowned as it let go of George.

George stumbled forward nearing falling to his face but he stayed standing as Spifey came over to defend him as the group continued to fight but the hoard of drowned was starting to get a little overwelming for the group to handle. A few tridents came flying out of nowhere landing in front of the group as they where pushed into a circle by the surrounding drowned. Dream glared at the drowned as he backed into Mega and Tapl as the drowned drew closer reaching out there hands and spewing up water.

"Where's Paralysis?" Bad said not seeing Paralysis anywhere in the group even though he is the easiest to spot due to his height.

"Paralysis!" George yelled before recoiling as a drowned stabbed at him with a trident nicking his arm causing it to start bleeding.