Chapter 81: Broken Disguise

The screams of pain turned to distorted roars as Zelk's body became deformed as his clothes tore at the seems as he transformed right before the groups vary eyes, his claws became hooked and large as they dug into the soil below him as he'd grown several more horns that where antler like as the second pair curved around his face and snouted jaw as black saliva pooled from his jaws as he bared his teeth in pain. This was forced upon him, his past and true identity was forced out of him as his tail dragged across the frosted floor with a spiked end as Zelk's spine protruded from his back looking sharp and deadly.

Zelk's ears pointed back sharply from the pain he was going through as his fur became rigid and spikey, he'd grown several spikes on his back as his appearance became much more brute like as he returned to his given form from the very start before disguising himself as an experiment from one of the now abandoned facilities. Zelk's eyes darted back and forth as he saw symbols and marking in his vision and voices hissed and sneered in his head, he could only hear these voices and see these words in front of him as he transformed.

Watcher grinned ever so slight yet it went unnoticed and Zelk screamed again slamming his arm down as chains rattled from him, Zelk no longer could hide, not any more, he was hidden by a vial of lies, he was no experiment, he was no hybrid made by the facility as Zelk's bones cracked and moved.

"Zelk!" The human and experiment screamed out watching their friend transform into a monster right in front of them as Watcher just rocked back and forth with a slight unnoticeable hum as Zelk looked up with glowing eyes that flashed slightly before dimming down as Zelk lowered his head.

"I'm sorry~" Zelk spoke in a strange sore voice as mimicking a normal voice had harmed his vocal cords for a bit, Zelk didn't want this, Zelk didn't want to truth to be thrown out their in front of his friends, but he was back in his normal form. His disguise has been broken by the sentinel.

"You can never hide the fact that you were created this way Jacob or shall I refer to you as Zelkam~" Watcher hummed, "you can't hide the truth from me, I know what you are and I know what you've done, Hiding cannot save you~" Watcher added with a harsh tone, "You will always be a Latcher, and you can't hide the fact you are a Latcher~" Watcher hissed as the dagger flicked towards Zelk, "I thought you knew better than this, Your mentor would of said otherwise." Watcher added sheathing the dagger as Zelk stood on his hind legs standing over his friends as he held his arms in shame.

"I should have told you all sooner, and I'm sorry~" Zelk said as he looked away as now the cat was out of the bag as the truth about him was revealed, he was a true blood tormented latcher, hiding within lies and false stories he has made to be accepted into this group, that what his mentor told him. Lie to those who are weak minded and foolish to let you into their pack, it was a rule all latchers where taught to do, gain trust and hope from the weak before ripping it right out from under them, most latchers didn't follow the rules exactly as they be slowly washed away and changed over the years by the Sentinels and the Master. It was like a council these powerful latchers held to discuss problems or ideas.

"You're a Latcher." Vurb spoke up looking at Zelk seeing him nod his head in shame, shame of lying to those he'd become friends with for a few years of living in this hellish world blending in as if he were just an experiment that escaped the facility like everyone else. Zelk forged a story of his past but he forged this lie out of lieful steel making it sound belivedable to those who heard it, yet it was all part of his manipulative plans to get close to others when he was a treat the entire time even though he made no moved to hurt Finn nor Vurb.

Zelk never wanted to hurt his friends that he's grown so close to even if the past told him too as the thought of vengeance lingered in his mind, after what had happen to Latcher Kind, Zelk swore for vengeance and the death of mortal kind to fall before him, But recently Master spoke of staying calm as time was ticking down, ticking down for fulfillment. Two more to go and they would win. Zelk didn't need to hurt his friends, he just needed them to trust him, which they did, but now it was unknown to Zelk as he became worried of the lack of trust.