Chapter 78: A Moment of Peace

Staring into an orb with a dragon-like eye, green eyes glowed in the reflection of this eye glisten in the light of the green glow. Paralysis huffed, placing the eye of ender back onto the shelve in its little holder as a reminder of the battle with the ender dragon as skulls were right next to the eye. Paralysis turned away as his gaze rolled onto a blue cape that hung on the wall as he just stared at it, remembering things of the past, remembering the hatred and revenge for one another. Paralysis understood why he was gifted with pain when forced into the facility as he remembered blue eyes, terrified blue eyes with a red stained face as a monster tore father apart, that monster being Paralysis.

A Father that tried saving his daughter from a monster that moved forth with a ravenous maw full of teeth and tongues that writhed for blood spill. The monster was covered in eyes as its spine was sharp and spiking with a tail like a scorpions. Father was mauled and torn to bits after daughter led the beast home by sheer accident after a solo hunting trip out into the forest. Paralysis let out a shaky breath trying to suppress that memory of killing Blue's father right in front of her at the age of 16, Paralysis remembered the fear and sadness he saw in young blues eyes as a limp dead man torn to shreds hung from his jaws. "Just a monster~" Paralysis said to himself seeing his reflection in the glass, seeing the monster he always has been, see this eye covered freak in the glass, "nothing more than a monster~ thousands of years go by and i'll still be one no matter what my actions are~" he spoke to himself standing alone in this trophy room, "people like monsters though, right?" Paralysis chirped but it fell flat "no, nobody does~ who would want to sick twisted monster close to them, just throw everything you go, throw hate, pain, and coldness with a venomous voice~ It'll get rid of the monster, they speak....millions of words spoken to me and every single one of them is only cold~" Paralysis rambled in his own delusions as the past haunting him every second it got. With a sighing breath Paralysis took off his mask just to look at it.

That smile stained up with the blood of victims, Paralysis could only look at the mask seeing that this wasn't the old one, not his old mask that held no meaning in life except to hide his hideous face from viewing. This smiling mask held meaning though, this mask held so much meaning and purpose to Paralysis that if this mask was taken or destroyed all hell would break loose. This mask was new to Paralysis and yet it felt strange to him. He didn't understand these things, why couldn't Dream just ignore or hate him? Why didn't Dream yell or spit a venomous voice at him? Why? Paralysis couldn't understand this even though it's been months upon months and yet no hate came, Paralysis always waited yet words stuck into his cold beating heart. "We're a team, you're not a mistake, you're not an abomination, you are perfect to me, You are my friend..." Paralysis knew there was more as he remembered each word so vividly, he remembered these where the times he was still viewed as a nuisance and a threat to the group with his sadistic ways.

Paralysis stared at the mask, this was no cold future, this was a warm future to him. Dream was so different from the others, Dream was something new, something Paralysis desired for so long and after all these years he has it now, he has the warmth within his grasp. He has the light needed for this darkness. Paralysis' ears perked up quickly hearing a light knock of a knuckle on the wooden walls followed by a small hum of a nickname, "Pary~" Dream hummed getting the latcher's attention in mere seconds.

"What, need something Dreamy?" Paralysis questioned before placing his mask back on letting it hang around his neck as his ears pointed back once more.

"Mostly a question, I heard this voice in my head but it was like speaking in an entirely different language so i have no idea what it said." Dream said remembering the odd voice in his head when he sunk into the abyss of the ocean with everyone else.

"A voice in your head? But that's me mostly, you must have been hearing things, I mean the floor below us did fall out pretty quickly sending debris and rubble flying down into the water, did you get hit by any?" Paralysis questioned Dream carefully and looked at him closely, but Paralysis knew what was said, he understood and spoke the language, it was his native tongue.