Chapter 71: Return From the Cold

The L'manberg spoke to one another but Wilbur was looking at the serpent like latcher "so Logos is your name? as in like speech, thought and principle?" Wilbur said as the latcher looked up from his book before closing the book as a red ribbon hung from it.

"Yes~ but I've grown more quiet over the years, I can hear people's thoughts and lure people in with my speech, like I lured in you four fools by mimicking your friends' voices, it's not hard to get people to obey you, you just need your way with words~" Logos said as he looked at Wilbur, "and don't get started about Pathos and Ethos, those two are something i tell you~" Logos said opening the book again.

"Yeah whatever you living couch." Tommy said but he recoiled as a hand slammed down in front of him as Logos' deadly gaze was on him.

"Didn't someone mention watching your mouth mister Innit~ or are you an absolute fool and are looking for death~" Logos hissed before backing off, "I don't think that's the best choice in this world as you've made it so far~" Logos spoke with a low bellow in his voice.

Tommy was quiet now as he looked away, he didn't want to die at all. Thunder rolled his eyes as something sparked from between his fingers which Wilbur and Fundy had noticed, "I don't remember you having any powers like that before." Fundy chimed in getting Thunder's attention.

"Oh, heh, yeah about that, Logos taught me them just in case I need to shock or stun my enemies or enemies in general." Thunder said as the electricity sparked from his hands, "I mean it comes in handy when it links up with other things such as a hoard of mobs or powering things."

"So what does that mean, Skeppy has frost breath and healing abilities, Sapnap has fire breath and is immune to lava, Dream has blood manipulation and mind control....and now Thunder can control lightning" Wilbur said as he crossed his arms.

"But everyone with at least a few powers when in the hold of a Latcher, you've yet to receive any, neither of us found our powers yet." Fundy said getting the interest of Logos.

"So you're a group of vessels? Interesting~" Logos hummed looking at Fundy and Wilbur seeing them slightly back off knowing Logos was dangerous.

"Yeah we are, most of us are chill with our latchers while a few of us are having a bit of difficulties with them" Wilbur said as Logos looked at him before turning his gaze back down on the book.

"That's strange~ I remember in the past the others would be extremely hostile and injured by their vessels due to the cold and toxicity they spat out~ that's why the old legends are dead as they've been killed by the latchers, the stories get twisted as years go on~" Logos said flipping a page of his book, "but the stories are tainted with lies and censorship due to the fear of us latchers."

"What do you latchers even do here, it's boring." Tommy groaned going off topic until he yelled as he fell out of his seat, Logos had snatched it out from under him with the tip of his tail.

"This is Purga, the latcher home land, we latchers are formed and created here, there are many latchers here in this world but some journey out to well your world to hunt and feed as your world is filled with more life then our cold dead world. Latchers well the older ones head out and hunt, something finding a vessel, we choose are vessels carefully yet sometimes we do make mistakes when picking out a vessel, some Latchers appear invisible to their vessel until further notice by the bleeding of oneself as that's when we make our appearances, but most latchers prefer to hide on a vessel until the time is right to strike." Logos said with a hum, "But I would rather not bore my guest with useless strange knowledge, unless I shall mention getting back to your world which is a daunting task~" Logos added with the shrug of his shoulders.