Chapter 22: It's not your Fault

Warning: contains gore and gruesome scenes

All feel silent as the four looked at one another, some to afraid to speak but Skeppy found his voice nearly choking on it but he coughed up a sentence.

"He's what..." Skeppy managed to say as he sounded shocked to what he was hearing.

"Dream's being used by this Thing, he's being used as if he where just a puppet hung up on strings." Bad said as he looked at the other three.

"That could be it, but don't you notice a pattern with this thing, if Dream's in danger it shows up taking I don't know, control over him...but if something threatens George this thing takes control as well...that could just be a theory." A6d said.

"So what you're saying is that this thing only takes control of Dream if he's in danger or that George is in danger. That seems a bit to strange to be honest." Skeppy said finding the news strange.

"So this thing is protecting Dream and potentially George as well?" Tapl questioned as he walked into the room over hearing this interesting conversation.

"Look I'm not sure, I'm not sure if this thing is good or bad...I think is bad since it's been attacking us over and over again, is been manipulating us to believe its lies..." A6d said but Tapl said something that caught his attention.

"What if this 'thing' is neutral, it's only attacking us becuase it sees us as a threat while Dream and George are the only ones on its supposed good side." Tapl said bring up a good point.

"Maybe....we can ask Dream about it, but who knows." A6d said as he looked away before looking at the doorway seeing a familiar figure standing there, watching closely yet with a sadden look in his green eyes.

Dream stood watching the five speak of him, Dream lowered his hand before looking away. A6d looked at Dream and he panicked, "it's not what it looks like, we promise." A6d said but it was already to late.

"Don't say anything or follow me..." Dream said and turned away from the five as he walked away, leaving the cabin.

Skeppy chased after Dream catching his shoulder and pulling him back, "where are you going, Dream" Skeppy said before getting shoved off and a dagger held to his neck.

"Why bother asking, Why, just why....Just...Leave me alone." Dream hissed as he pulled the dagger away and left.

Skeppy looked at the others unsure of what to do in this situation. A6d was about to follow Dream, but Silenced caught his shoulder shaking his head no, "What? What's your idea, someone has to go after him" A6d said only to see Silenced point at George. George looked up and tilted his head confused why everyone was looking at him.

"Uhh what's going on" George asked as the Phantoms where around him, but he saw Techno pass by and leaving the cabin.

"Techno!" Skeppy barked trying to get Techno.

"What, can't you see I'm going after Dream, you guys did this yourself and if you went after Dream you'll be found dead." Techno said as he turned to the group that followed him.

"Look Techno, we get you're trying to help but it'll be best-" A6d went quiet as he looked away.

"How about being not so nosy around Dream, maybe this thing is attacking us with reason. Maybe Dream did befriended this thing and let's it in control whenever needed, maybe they're a team and we don't know that, who knows anyways, only Dream does and you guys pushed him away." Techno said before storming off following Dream.

"We....need to apologize to him... Techno wait up" A6d said as he ran after Techno with the others in pursuit.

~~~~~~~~