Chapter 40: Blue laced with Red

Warning: Something has to happen....

The night turned to day with the phantoms peacefully resting up above in the willow tree shielding themselves from the burning sun light that rose up from behind the mountains as the group began to wake up peering out from their tents before leaving them to stretch out as they left their beginner bases. George looked up at the birds that flew from the trees as Bad put his arm around him.

"Good morning, George" Bad seemed to chirp as he smiled at George.

"Yeah, good morning to all of you." George said moving Bad's arm off as he backed off looking towards the willow tree seeing the phantoms in it and a many swaying tails peeking out at the group before hiding again.

"Hey! What's the plan for the day, Paralysis." George called out seeing Paralysis stick his arm out as Dream got up followed by Paralysis. George focused on Dream seeing he didn't look tired in the slightest at all, George thought of a theory that Paralysis is able to energize those he has a close bond with which was Dream since they hung out together the most, but that was just a theory, but that did make the two a deadly combo when working together.

"Not sure~ maybe head out in a random direction, find a city or something to snoop around in~ but who knows~ time will tell~" Paralysis cooed as all his eyes opened up and he put his mask back on before anybody could look at his face. He wasn't comfortable with showing his face to the group, he was only comfortable with showing it to Dream.

"Hey, do you mind if I ask you a question?" A6d said as Paralysis tilted his head while looking at him, A6d watched as Paralysis' tails seemed to twitch with what could be deemed nervousness in A6d's eye, "it's a bit personal. You can just say no if you dont wanna answer."

Paralysis only stared at A6d before speaking up with a neutral tone of voice "It's about my mask, Isn't it." Paralysis said as A6d seemed to move back taking a few steps bumping into Techno as his posture became rigid.

"Your trial of death is coming." Techno teased as he poked at A6d getting him to flinch and get away from him, "Hey, i'm just saying!" Techno said as the hoglins grunted and snorted at A6d.

"Shut up! I already faced death multiple times!" A6d snapped before focusing back on Paralysis who was waiting patiently tapping his talons on the ground, "umm yes, that's what i was going to ask..." A6d trailed off listening carefully to Paralysis.

"I'm not comfortable socializing with my real face, so I display this bloody smiley face~" Paralysis hummed as he traced a finger over the smile as his eye was visible through the eye socket in the mask.

"So you have social anxiety?" Sapnap questioned, looking at Paralysis seeing him just sway his body slightly like a blade of grass in the faintest of winds before nodding his head slightly before looking away from everybody.

Paralysis didn't talk anymore to the group as he dwelled on his thoughts as he placed a hand over his mask, the mask hid his face from judgment, he used the mask to at least 'look' better than his usual eye covered face and crooked sharp smile.

The group looked at Paralysis before looking away dwelling in their own thoughts, mixed thoughts, mixed up thoughts that were hard to comprehend, some finding them easy to solve but others not so much. Dream looked at Paralysis and huffed, he knew that mask meant a lot to Paralysis and if it got broken it would probably break Paralysis, but he saw the mask be repaired by blood even though the mask was split in two. Dream couldn't imagine a full on destroyed mask, now that would devastate Paralysis and shatter him like glass.

"Let's get going, our camp should be fine if our companions stay behind to guard it. Don't worry, we'll be back." Dream said to the companions before heading off down the route the wandering traders always took as Paralysis followed close by.