Chapter 86: A Cold Life to Live

Birds would chirp at the rising sun that washed the world over with a golden glow as the bright colorful skies where blinding to look at as little clouds would hover in the air alongside birds that scattered from the roofs of homes, commotion of all sorts of conversations where occur around the sanctuary but deep inside one of the homes was a commotion of stress and worry.

"I can't he's turned into a monster, he was human, he was always human, never an experiment or anything of the sort....but now he's changed...what are we going to do, I'm scared....I'm scared for Wilbur's safety and our safety" Fundy spoke up as he looked at his friends, his ears where sharply pointed back with stress and worry as if overridden his brain. Fundy didn't know how to comprehend what just happened to Wilbur, watching that man turn into a monster right before their very eyes as his body tore apart with flesh and shedded skin, Was Wilbur able to turn back or was he stuck as a monster forever, Fundy didn't have the answers as this was all new to him as coils of fabric would slithered behind him and a few others.

"Logos? Do you know what's happening to Wilbur?" Tubbo would question seeing the serpentine latcher halt all movement by that question. Logos turned to face the group and he just shook his dragon skull like head no as he had no clue what was happening, yet the group was oblivious to his lying movements, Logos knew everything that was going on with the group and the results were pleasing to see and hear about. Logos found it interesting that the Master would test such power or a mortal being that was a true blood human to see how the effect would work and Wilbur was that perfect test for Master.

"I have no clue what's happening, I'm beginning to worry that bad things will come forth as the day goes by. You never know who could be next to turn." Logos said as he closed his book, "It is best to monitor each other just in case things begin to happen" Logos added before perking up to something insulting.

"Whatever you say living bean bag chair" Tommy hissed under his breath before jumping at a loud clap like sound of two wooden planks smacking together as Logos glared at Tommy, "For all you should know I'm not made out of fluff nor beads, I'm out of organs and tongues under this cloth I'm stitched up with, I'm not afraid to rip one of these patches off to show you these writhing tongue under my fabric flesh waiting to feast upon a mortal like yourself Tommy~" Logos hissed in a threatening tone pointing a claw at Tommy, "If Pathos or even Ethos where here you'd already be a goner my dear mortal~" Logos added as if Pathos and Ethos where more dangerous than him, but in reality they were very dangerous trio of Latchers when all together.

"Where were they when we first showed up in Purga?" Tommy said, "because I didn't see those two anywhere and you keep mentioning them." Tommy added as if Logos was just making up two latchers but Logos wasn't lying about those two at all.

"They were busy with other things, making lists and what not for the new life." Logos hissed before quieting feeling he was getting a little too close to the edge of his reality and life which most have noticed by his sudden silence on the matter as Tommy raised an eyebrow to this latcher's silence.

"New Life?" Eret would question trying to get more information out of Logos but nothing came from him, no words or even a look of acknowledgement of the question was even seen as Logos' gaze was directed away from the group staring at nothing in particular.

"Yes, New life as in New latchers" Logos said, "but here the thing our lives are cold, we don't live out like you humans, we latchers do not have family nor siblings, we are not born like humans nor animals, we lack reproductive organs as well as the thought to breed~" Logos explained even though mortal minds would find it hard to comprehend, "We are not normal, we are just manifested from nothingness and thoughts, Latchers come in all shapes and sizes, some bright some dull. It's interesting to see what Latcher is manifested or created into the world of Purga." Logos hissed as he crossed his arms swaying his head side to side, "our terms are different from yours, so when we refer to people by Mate, we are actually referring to you as our lover....I hope this clears the air for a few things." Logos ended his statement as he slithered back with his fabric coils scrunching up with folds and wrinkles hissing at himself from his strange little informational tangent.