22

"Appa?" Jin spoke more lost than ever before.

His family never called him during his work hours. Never. If they were to talk, it would be because Jin had called them. Or he had informed them he was free. That it.

"Seokjin, my son..."

That tone made the very weak hold on his bag drop. He let it drop, holding the phone with two hands now. He was not an idiot.

"Why do you sound like that? Are you alright?" Jin asked trying to remain as calm as he could.

"Seokjin. Listen to me, I need you to promise me something!"

His father was desperate. His careful voice was now louder. That change made Jin double his worry, but nonetheless, he asked, "P-promise? Promise what??"

"Seokjin, your busy. Your working on your album. You have a life that I want you to live. I want you not to stress too much,"

"Stop it, you're scaring me," Jin looked at Namjoon, who sent him a small look of confusion and concern.

"Seokjin. Promise me that you will NOT return home,"

Jin felt himself freeze. Had he done something wrong? Had something happened? Confusion was lacing in every thought.

"D-did I do something wrong?" Jin furrowed his eyebrows together.

"No, no, my son. You have done nothing. But I need you to promise me, that under no circumstance you will rush home!"

"What are you-"

"Promise me, son!!!!!"

He screamed at him. Jin was just confused. With a look at his manager, he muttered, "Promise...but Appa why-"

"Good. Seokjoong. He won't be returning, he promised....he'll keep his word, right Seokjin?"

"Y-yeah, but I need an explanation! You can't just make me promise something like that-"

"Seokie..."

Jin's eyes widened. Then he smiled, "Hyung!!!" then it dropped, "Wait...whats going on?"

"Seokie, I need you to listen to me very carefully, okay?"

Jin nodded. And then he remembers his older brother couldn't see him, "Yeah, I'm listening,"

"Seokie...there was an accident..."

Frozen.

Jin froze, his entire body turning as rigid as a board. He wasn't even sure if he was still breathing. Accident. That word could mean so many things. So many bad things. And he was far away. And it suddenly dawned as to why he been ordered not to come home.

Something was wrong.

He could hear his brother waiting for him to say something. The older waiting for those fated words. Jin wasn't stupid. Jin would figure it out. And he did. Almost soon, his mouth moved again, but the tone came out lusterless, "Where's Eomma,"

A sigh. A very deep sigh. There was pain in his brother's voice, "Seokie-"

"Where's my mother!!!!???" Jin screamed and he saw everyone in the recording studio look as worried as he felt.

His members were close to him. They were close to his family. His mother loved his dongsaengs. She treated them like her own sons. For they were Jin's family. And Jin was her youngest son. Her Seokjin.

"Hyung!" Jin cried again, "Hyung! You can't just go silent on me! Hyung! Joongie hyung!!"

"Seokie, I'm right here. But I need you to calm down for me..."