24

September 26:

He was going nuts.

Sitting in the dark, staring at his phone screen aimlessly, a half empty bottle of Soju on the table in front of him. His bangs lightly fluttered over the tired brown eyes, who's spark had long gone out. The moon glittered, it's silver arms greeting the idol, who sat in his own stress.

And like a curse, the phone rang. Not even a second of the ringtone flowed through the quiet house, before the crooked fingers answered the call, placing it on speaker. He set the device beside the alcohol, his anxiety only increasing as the male on the other line spoke.

"Seokie, what's wrong? It's late and you have work-"

"I don't care," Jin croaked, "How's Eomma?"

His older brother sighed, "Seokie...."

"No hyung!" Jin exclaimed, before lowering his voice as his dongsaengs were alseep, "You're keeping me away from her...you wont even show me her face, hyung- it hurts,"

"I know, Seokie. But Appa doesn't want you to see her like...well..like how she is,"

"Shes my mother," Jin complained, "Appa is lucky I haven't grabbed a ride to Gwacheon yet. BigHit is more than ready to send me,"

"Even if you did, he'd send you right back,"

"W-why can't I see her hyung..." Jin let his tears fall in the darkness, "I m-miss her s-so much.."

"I know Seokie, I know. But I-"

A rushed beeping echoed from the phone and Jin could feel his heart stop. His brother was at the hospital tonight. Namjoon's mother and father had arrived the day before, much to the Kim's family protests. His boyfriend's parents had convinced his father to rest, seeing as he had been staying in the hospital since the accident.

"H-hyung.." Jin called as he heard his brother yell and people rush in. He heard someone on the line push his brother out and the sound of a door closing. His brother's shocked breaths filled the front room.

"Joongie hyung," Jin repeated, "W-what happened?"

No response.

"Seokjoong hyung!" Jin yelled, forgetting all about his dongsaengs.

"Everything's fine Seokie, everything's fine,"

"No! don't lie to me!" Jin hissed, more tears slipping past his cheeks.

"Hyung?" A groggy voice muttered and Jin turned to see a very tired Jimin.

Faking a smile, Jin motioned the dancer over, who obliged, laying down beside the oldest idol, head in Jin's lap, "I'm sorry, Jiminie, did I wake you up?"

Jimin nodded, eyes closed, "I heard you...yelling. Are you okay?"

"Yes, yes, I'm fine. Go to sleep, Jiminie," Jin urged.

"Why are you still awake? It's late and you need to sleep,"

Jin glanced at the half empty Soju bottle. He hadn't been getting "sleep" since he got the news. He couldn't sleep. He'd get up once everyone had gone out. He'd either be drinking until he passes out in his bed. Or, Sijeon would have called him over and Jin collpased from pain. The dark circles under his eyes had grown tirelly, no one had noticed due to the heavy makeup he had been wearing every morning.

"I'm...on a call, Jiminie. Go sleep in your bedroom with Hobi," Jin hummed.

"Okay..." The younger muttered sitting up tiredly.